• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

U.S. Soldier facing deportation after fleeing to Canada to avoid OIF

OB1Kenobi

Banned
i can't say i have any sympathy. sign the dotted line and do your time. worst case, cut yourself, say your gonna kill yourself and go to mental health [laugh] j/k

but now she's facing some possible jail time.

TORONTO — A U.S. soldier facing deportation after fleeing to Canada to avoid the war in Iraq said Friday that her biggest fears are being separated from her children and being sent to prison upon her return to the United States.Kimberly Rivera, who has lived in Canada for five years with her husband and four children, was issued a deportation order earlier this week. Citizenship and Immigration Canada has given her until Sept. 20 to leave the country.

i like this part:

Rivera, a 30-year-old Army private, served in Iraq in 2006. She said she became disillusioned with the mission. She crossed the border into Canada while on leave in February 2007, after she was ordered to serve another tour there.After arriving in Canada on leave, she applied for refugee status.The Liberal government in office at the time of the war in Iraq chose not to join the invading coalition.The current Conservative government has said that military deserters from the United States are not genuine refugees under the internationally accepted meaning of the term. Furthermore, Immigration Minister Jason Kenney’s spokeswoman, Alexis Pavlich, said it does not believe that President Obama’s administration will subject American soldiers to persecution.
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/08/ap-us-war-resister-may-appeal-in-canada-083112/

She states in the article:

“I’m just overwhelmed. I don’t want to face reality."

She knows that she went about this in the wrong way, and that she is in deep do-do... [thinking]

look through comments, there is more to this story: http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=6667

she met her looser hubby while working at Walmart and he knocked her up and they were living in her parent's basement where he spent his time playing WOW. After a second kid he convinced her to sign up

When she came home on leave from Iraq, of course after they’d spent the $8000 enlistment bonus on a suede couch, Mario, the fat loser who impregnated Kimberly before they even had a place to live, convinced her to go to Canada where they now live in government subsidized housing (as opposed to parent-subsidized housing they left behind) and government-sponsored food pantry. They left behind the suede couch.

Sympathy under S in the dictionary. She signed on the dotted line......Oh well. Do your time and get out.
When I went though Basic, we had the one who asked to get out, one who was a slasher late one night,( think safety razor) one who was a bed wetter, and one who a DI knocked up..The one who asked to get out should have just gone all the way through cause she didn't leave until almost graduation.[laugh] Oh yeah we also had the one who didn't know how she got pregnant...[thinking]
At least by AIT it was mild. [laugh]

As the father of someone currently going through boot camp, I don't appreciate that generalization. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Your sarcasm detection meter is not functioning. Drink more coffee before posting.

Lighten up people. Those of us that have been in see it as a joke, and obviously those that haven't been in see it as a slam. Well you know what you have every cross section of society in the military. So take it for what it is worth.[rolleyes] Good grief.

Sounds like your typical military family lol.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Mike, somehow I'd guess you're being sarcastically humorous. While I have ZERO sympathy for the wench, I do have great amounts of sympathy for today's military families which have to endure multiple deployments by serving spouses.

Call me thick or humorless, somehow I find your comment inappropriate to "typical" military families. Sorry.

Sympathy under S in the dictionary. She signed on the dotted line......Oh well. Do your time and get out.
When I went though Basic, we had the one who asked to get out, one who was a slasher late one night,( think safety razor) one who was a bed wetter, and one who a DI knocked up..The one who asked to get out should have just gone all the way through cause she didn't leave until almost graduation.[laugh] Oh yeah we also had the one who didn't know how she got pregnant...[thinking]
At least by AIT it was mild. [laugh]

Boy. That guy really wanted to get out...

As much as she SHOULD be brought back and persacuted under UCMJ....if they want her canada can keep her and take care of them, just bar her re-entry forever.

I had to laugh at the latest comment by a reader.

Awwww booo-hoooo Bon-Bon queen....did ya think this was Vietnam and the Canucks would welcome you with open arms? I keep telling little snot noses that say "if there is ever a draft I'm going to Canada." well guesssssss what, the conservative party in Canada has an agreement with the United States directly on this issue....Hippo here was a cook who fled because she just "couldn't take the killing anymore"..what killing? all those defenseless chicken yolks from cracking eggs or the innocent potato's murdered and those poor lettuce leaves violently tossed? Disgraceful

I hope they string her up. Might as well get her loser boyfriend on something as well.....

Funny, because now all you have to do is say you want out, and we'll kick you the hell out. I have personally started the process on (name removed). Honestly, if you do not want to be a soldier, I don't want you to be the guy(or girl) pulling guard while I am racked out and I will make it my mission in life to remove you from the military as expediently as possible.

You got deployed, do the damned tour, bulk yourself up, then come home a hardcore sumuvabitch and kick your fat loser husbands ass off the couch and tell the fat slob to get the **** off WOW, grow up and get a goddamned job and support his children, or you'll find a man who actually has some testicular fortitude and is willing to sacrifice a little for the love of a woman and children.

Funny, because now all you have to do is say you want out, and we'll kick you the hell out. I have personally started the process on (name removed). Honestly, if you do not want to be a soldier, I don't want you to be the guy(or girl) pulling guard while I am racked out and I will make it my mission in life to remove you from the military as expediently as possible.

You got deployed, do the damned tour, bulk yourself up, then come home a hardcore sumuvabitch and kick your fat loser husbands ass off the couch and tell the fat slob to get the **** off WOW, grow up and get a goddamned job and support his children, or you'll find a man who actually has some testicular fortitude and is willing to sacrifice a little for the love of a woman and children.

+1

she's not the brightest bulb. all she had to do was pull her family care plan. [laugh]. i've always been of the frame of mind to let the ones that out go. it's always more work to keep them in. but that's why i'm not a general.

i think of all the resources and time it takes away from the focus away from the mission. let them out, make them pay back any bonuses, incentives and send them on their way. [laugh]

I'd rather her go awol than go to Iraq and be a shit bag soldier.

I've never understood forcing people to deploy. They don't want to deploy? fantastic, you get a shitty discharge and your on your way. Why have slots in your company filled with shit bags when you can get a replacement? it's not like theres a shortage of people joining the .mil.

just because she signed does not mean its a good idea to force her into a dangerous role after she decided against it. who the **** would want a battle buddy like her?

Mike, somehow I'd guess you're being sarcastically humorous. While I have ZERO sympathy for the wench, I do have great amounts of sympathy for today's military families which have to endure multiple deployments by serving spouses.

Call me thick or humorless, somehow I find your comment inappropriate to "typical" military families. Sorry.

+1 , I agree wholeheartedly !

Swore an oath to the constitution: check
wears a uniform: check
carries a weapon: check
Disagrees with orders and quits: check

I thought the refusal to follow orders you disagree with was encouraged on NES? Ohhhh...Wrong uniform. Check.

Swore an oath to the constitution: check
wears a uniform: check
carries a weapon: check
Disagrees with orders and quits: check

I thought the refusal to follow orders you disagree with was encouraged on NES? Ohhhh...Wrong uniform. Check.

looking back, this girl knew the Iraq war was BS long before most of America did.

Sounds like your typical military family lol.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

True average military family is a little off, btw I feel bad for you living in amherst with the people's republic of amherst in that non flag flying town. Marine here also POG tho my test score was too high [smile] semper fi

True average military family is a little off, btw I feel bad for you living in amherst with the people's republic of amherst in that non flag flying town. Marine here also POG tho my test score was too high [smile] semper fi

You decided you had to stir the pot well after a week from the last post. Don't stir the pot. Let it go or vacations are coming.

Back
Top Bottom