U.S. Guns Tied to Crime South of Border

As Mexico drug violence runs rampant, U.S. guns tied to crime south of border

December 13, 2010

No other state has produced more guns seized by police in the brutal Mexican drug wars than Texas. In the Lone Star State, no other city has more guns linked to Mexican crime scenes than Houston. And in the Texas oil town, no single independent dealer stands out more for selling guns traced from south of the border than Bill Carter.

READ MORE

Last edited:
In the past two years, more than 115 guns from his stores have been seized by the police and military in Mexico.

wow, 115, out of how many? 10,000 probably more, that are being used to kill people over there?

its funny how they dont talk about the 2300 hand grenades cops confiscated in Mexico in the past few years. I bet those also come from Huston right?

Federal authorities say more than 60,000 U.S. guns of all types have been recovered in Mexico in the past four years, helping fuel the violence that has contributed to 30,000 deaths

60,000 US guns, does that mean they were bought here legally and sold there Illegally, or does it mean they are just from American manufacturers?

and how about the MILLIONS of illegal immigrants that came here ILLEGALLY? if we exchanged one US gun for every illegal Mexican, we would still lose. Maybe the Mexicans need some border patrol on their side.

A high number of traces does not necessarily signal wrongdoing. It could be the result of sales volume, geography or clientele. Carter's Country, for instance, is the largest independent gun retailer in the region. Most experts and ATF officials agree that the majority of dealers are law-abiding.

enough said.

Last edited:
"If you're a gun dealer and you see a 21- or 22-year-old young lady walk in and plop down $15,000 in cash to buy 20 AK-47s, you might want to ask yourself what she needs them for," said Newell, the ATF special agent in charge in Phoenix. "If she says, 'Christmas presents,' technically the dealer doesn't have to ask for more."

Yes, and if I go the the store and buy maxipads I should be interrogated by the cashier as to what I need them for? Maybe I need to clean up an oil spill in the gulf or something.

"All in all, Ramos and nine others bought 112 firearms worth more than $100,000 - 30 from Mad Dawg and the rest from 14 other firearms dealers across Arizona, court records show.

The hormigas were eventually arrested and charged with firearms violations. Ramos, one of the ringleaders, was sentenced this summer by a federal judge in Tucson to four years and two months in prison."

Four years and two months in prision for the "ring leader" responsible for 112 straw purchases. Pathetic. To him that is just the cost of doing business.

Bob

"All in all, Ramos and nine others bought 112 firearms worth more than $100,000 - 30 from Mad Dawg and the rest from 14 other firearms dealers across Arizona, court records show.

airplane ticket to Africa: $1000 give or take
AK-47 (bought in Africa): $50
think how many fully automatic AKs they could buy in Africa with $100,000. they could probably get a bulk discount.

i still dont get why they are trying to make the American gun dealers look like the bad guys. Look at all the people that buy alcohol and then give it to minors, so lets blame all liquor store owners, and all the people that buy cigarettes for minors, so lets also blame all the convenience store owners.

If the person buying the gun, can own a gun legally, then you just sell it to them. The store owners cant control what we do when we leave the place. I bought 6 rifles in the past 6 months form the same place and about 2K rounds of ammo, does that mean they should question me? or maybe stop selling to me? or flag me as some kind of terrorist?

Four years and two months in prision for the "ring leader" responsible for 112 straw purchases. Pathetic. To him that is just the cost of doing business.

and the New jersey guy gets 7 years.

this laws are a joke.

They're trying this dung again?

At least they're not saying "thousands of guns" like they did back in 2009

Here are some of the threads related to that bit of propaganda...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/60153-The-Mexican-Gun-Canard

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...em-flow-of-weapons-to-Mexico-cartels-misfires

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...the-quot-90-of-guns-from-US-quot-Bad-Gun-Math

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/69538-GAO-Ties-U.S.-Guns-to-Mexico-Violence

I guess if at first you don't succeed, wait a year and a half and try again.

Back
Top Bottom