type 14 nambu

413dan

NES Member
picked up a type 14 nambu the other day, and upon disassembly found the firing pin to be broken[frown].

any ideas on who could fix it, as it is numbers matching, or should I just try and source a replacement?

I'll try and get some pics up later tonight of the pistol and the broken pin, not at the house at the moment.

there was a guy on practical machinist making pins at one point? also sent you a pm for another source...

I had a Type 14 firing pin re-tipped by Don Shlickman a few years ago. Here is his web site:members.shaw.ca/tju/donspartslist.htm
He did a great job and is very easy to deal with.
Charlie

Last edited:

sorry the pics took so long, been a busy couple weeks. and I forgot to upload the broken pin pic to photobucket. but it's a broken tipped pin, not all that exciting. numbers matching gun from what I've seen so far except for the mag. thanks cemorse for the tip on a retip! I'll check into that.

Nice! Dryfiring can break the pins (original at least) somewhat frequently due to the design. Forgotten Weapons just had a video on the Grandpa Nambu the other day, complete with shoulder stock

Last edited by a moderator:
A replacement may be tough to find, but keep checking gunbroker, guns america, and Numrich. Something will pop up somewhere. Also, don't rule out the random parts bins at local gun shows. I've found some rare parts in random boxes for dirt cheap prices (mainly because the seller has no idea what the item even goes to). Good luck! Nice looking Nambu otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom