Turkey ammo problems???

With the fall turkey season coming up i was wondering some for some new shot suggestions... i was shooting Remington nitro turkey and had three shells misfire.. primers struck no bang.. When they do fire the knock a bird down quick and hard. i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with this ammo or if i got a bad box... I dont want this to cause me to miss another bird this fall.. some suggestions would be great

With the fall turkey season coming up i was wondering some for some new shot suggestions... i was shooting Remington nitro turkey and had three shells misfire.. primers struck no bang.. When they do fire the knock a bird down quick and hard. i was wondering if anyone else has had problems with this ammo or if i got a bad box... I dont want this to cause me to miss another bird this fall.. some suggestions would be great

I have never ha a problem with them either. You might have a firing pin problem. I would try the same shells in another shotgun.

Bob

3 out of a box that don't go bang would have me checking the gun. The next thing you should try is to use those in another gun (as suggested earlier). What did the hits on the primers look like? Was there a noticeable difference between those and the ones that did work?

Firing pin is fine I have shot over 200 shells since the last hunt all club loads and a few slugs.. no problems... probably a bad box but i will be trying something new this fall... if there are any other suggestions would be great i would like to sight in patterns soon

Back
Top Bottom