• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tumbling with SS Media

Update: just went to run the second drum. It leaks. Brand new, there's a split in the bottom. It's a cheap Harbor Freight, most likely made in China tool, so I'm not shocked. Reasonably expected, even.

The good news is they are very easy with regards to their replacement policy, at least they have been for the two times I needed to replace anything. But I have a local store to me, not sure if you do.

Last edited:
Awww yeahhhh

MgOHIvC.jpg

A neighbor wet tumbles. All the brass has peening (for lack of a better word) on the mouth. Any concerns with this? It can be seen if you look closely. It is very noticeable by feel. I'd imagine no problems at all with crimped bullets. But what about non-crimped?

A neighbor wet tumbles. All the brass has peening (for lack of a better word) on the mouth. Any concerns with this? It can be seen if you look closely. It is very noticeable by feel. I'd imagine no problems at all with crimped bullets. But what about non-crimped?

He should add more brass or more media. Peening usually means too much room in the tumbler for things to bounce around. It's what I've been told, I have no expereiance personally with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom