TS Agents at Logan Airport stopped a man who was attempting to bring an antique gun through security on Christmas Day.

BOSTON (CBS) – Agents at Logan Airport stopped a man who was attempting to bring an antique gun through security on Christmas Day.

The man told TSA he inherited the gun from his grandfather.

LOGAN-GUN-TSA-SECURIY.jpg

An antique gun found by security at Logan Airport. (Image Credit: TSA)

Police allowed the man to return the gun to his car before he was allowed through security.

This marked the 17th gun caught by agents at Logan Airport in 2019.

[/Q
Looks like its in good condition. Whoever owns it took care of it. Glad it wasn't confiscated and destroyed.

I'm glad that the highly trained, well versed, and replete with a plethora of common sense, fine TSA officials sniffed out this assault pistol. Their deft and heroic actions prevented the deaths of millions.

How about a Florbert Parlor Rifle? Can I carry on one of those?

They’re so rare, I doubt it matters.

Seriously. Those things NEVER come up for sale, and even when they do, they sell at lightning speed.

I realize that pre-1898 firearms aren't legally guns, but they're still as much functional guns as ones from 1899. If they're not letting people on board with new single shot pistols I don't see the gap in logic of prohibiting an old one as well. That looks like a perfectly usable .22.

Unless you're planning on boarding with a brace of pistols and becoming a sky pirate, a la Tale Spin.

Meanwhile, in NH Woman at NH airport forgot loaded gun was in carry-on

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) Authorities say a New Hampshire woman found with a loaded handgun at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport security checkpoint told authorities she forgot she had it in her carry-on bag.

The Transportation Security Administration said Monday the 9 mm gun was loaded with eight bullets. The TSA contacted the Londonderry Police Department, which confiscated the gun and detained the woman for questioning before allowing her to give the firearm to a non-traveling companion for safekeeping until she returned to town.

The woman's name wasn't released. It wasn't immediately known if she faced any charges.”

Back
Top Bottom