tried my hand at engraving

They may not be the best (better than what I could do) but I would think the folks getting them will be happy that you took the time to do it for them.

Also, you have to start somewhere, no one starts out the best at something.

Lol ouch you guys are a tough crowd. I think Jessica came out okay. They are kinda a joke gift so it wasn't that serious but I mean not bad for the first time I tried to do something. If you want a serous laugh I'll post the sd9ve that was my test frankengun that looks like I tried with a blindfold lol

If I remember I'll post a picture of my glock I tried a laser on to test stuff out .

I don't understand why people don't practice on other objects rather than what they intend as their finished product. A trashed piece of metal is cheaper than a Glock slide...
When I started making my own fishing rods I practiced my wraps on broken blanks so I wouldn't ruin a two to three hundred dollar blank.

I don't understand why people don't practice on other objects rather than what they intend as their finished product. A trashed piece of metal is cheaper than a Glock slide...
When I started making my own fishing rods I practiced my wraps on broken blanks so I wouldn't ruin a two to three hundred dollar blank.

The gun still works though
Function over fashion....unless you're in the tacticool thread.

Looks like two blindfolded nuns tried making a circle on an etch-a-sketch!!!!
In all seriousness, keep up the work, nobody tried their first engraving an was blown away with what they produced.

Did you use the gross motor skill method?[laugh]

You need to develop a base line of muscle tone and feel for any sort of work like that. Best way to do that is to just keep cranking stuff out. I've got a friend who is an amazing pinstriper and painter. I have some spice jars he did as gifts for my wife and I when he first started. Your knives have a similar sort of feel.

Here's some of his more recent work:
stripe.jpg

Keep at it if you enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing what you're turning out next year.

Back
Top Bottom