Train teachers for Basic Safety Course/CCW

O.K. I started a thread in the general discussion section about "Training teachers for Basic Safety Course/CCW ASAP, but thought I'd post here to see if MFS either already does this or is thinking about it?
Here is what I wrote:
First, I'm pretty sure that New Hampshire is the only state within the NES area that allows teachers to CCW. But how about as many professional training centers within the NES area at least "offer" a no-cost or very low cost "teacher ONLY CCW” or basic weapons course?

Students would have to prove to the training center that they are currently employed as a teacher/administrator. Now, yes, even if the teacher/administrator takes the course, there is no guarantee that they will follow through and actually apply for a CCW, or that even if they do, they still can't carry at their school, but the possibility of educating and giving a teacher the knowledge of how to safely handle a weapon might just slow down this anti-gun media frenzy.

And, if the offer and attendance is substantial, think of all the good will it will generate. We can change people’s attitudes with proper education, not fear and untruths.

And yes, it would add to the discussion and divisiveness of arming teachers, but if they have the knowledge to talk about it intelligently, then I think it would be beneficial.

O.K. Professional gun instructors/training facilities, how about it? Or is this already being done?

Just my .02 cents worth of an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom