Traditions Rifle Kits?

I did the Kentucky rifle about 13 years ago. Trick is to fit the parts to the stock and make sure everything moves correctly before finishing the wood (all my parts fit in but the hammer would not drop, too much pressure in the wrong spot tweaking the spring)Everything is rough cut, but once you do the finish work it comes out mint.

I did a few pistol and rifle kits way back before MA put the stop to places shipping gun stuff to MA. I bought them through cabela/bass pro . They where OK then. I'm not sure who actually made the parts.... I think they where made in India or Pakistan?
It was still good fun putting them together and one rifle had some really nice grain. I wish the internet was at my finger tips then.

You might want to practice blurring before you do yours?
The last one I did I used shooters solution blueing. A plastic rain gutter and it came out better than any rub on paste or liquid.

Last edited:
Thanks, all. Good food for thought here.

As I said before, it's a thought for a project over the winter and thinking about next deer season.

The wife likes the look of the "classic" black powders so getting it through accounting will be easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom