Took Another Blind Plunge - Long Branch LE

Well, maybe it wasn't too much of a risk. NinerMaine gave me a head's up on it from a local shop. He's good that way. $280 after taxes. Very nice Lee Enfield.

No 4 MK I*
Long Branch

Matching numbers on the receiver collar and bolt handle, with sling and bayonet. All other parts appear to be Long Branch. Has the England and pressure stamps. Not sure what the knox form stamps mean, nor if the furniture cartouches denote refurbishment? Original? Two groove bore with extremely sharp rifling, and my bore pic skills stink - it's not dark as the picture suggests, bright and shiny with a bore light with no pitting, excellent crown.

A little bit of reading from some excellent threads tells me that the peep sight on a '43 is correct. And the "FR" cartouche on what appears to be age/wear matched wood means that it was issued to the French Resistance (as good a theory as the rest. Ha!). If there were field repairs needed or done, I can't see them. Maybe it was factory refurbished?? Don't know, but any commentary is welcome.

Lots of pics, and thanks for looking.

longbranch_006.JPG

longbranch_005.JPG

longbranch_018.JPG

longbranch_001.JPG

longbranch_002.JPG

longbranch_003.JPG

longbranch_022.JPG

longbranch_008.JPG

longbranch_009.JPG

longbranch_010.JPG

longbranch_011.JPG

longbranch_012.JPG

longbranch_013.JPG

longbranch_014.JPG

longbranch_015.JPG

longbranch_017.JPG

longbranch_016.JPG

longbranch_019.JPG

longbranch_020.JPG

longbranch_021.JPG

longbranch_028.JPG

longbranch_023.JPG

longbranch_025.JPG

longbranch_026.JPG

longbranch_024.JPG

longbranch_006.JPG

longbranch_007.JPG

i'd do filthy things to that rifle.

i prefer the jungle carbines for some reason, but a good day shooting a .303 brit round makes me smil.e

Glad to see it in good hands. A matching not messed with Longbranch with an early import mark and sling and bayonet with frog for $280 OTD is a very good deal these days. Good luck with it. :)

Not sure how that would work from out of state?? Seems like some logistical/legal hoops would need to be jumped through.

If you are interested in helping, A C&R transfer (in and out) should satisfy and legal hoops. Or if you wish, we have an 01 FFL that is on the Historical Society.

For NES sponsor protection, I won't mention the name of the shop. But if you google, "Gun shop, Turner Maine", you should come up with two hits. It came from the northernmost one. [wink]

I would say it is a more Northeastern direction than a Northerly one.

For NES sponsor protection, I won't mention the name of the shop. But if you google, "Gun shop, Turner Maine", you should come up with two hits. It came from the northernmost one. [wink]

Ah, gotcha. I have actually purchased a firearm from the not mentioned shop. Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom