- Feb 18, 2013
- Just North of Boston
NJ Congressman Wants Tax Hike on Guns and Ammo [AUDIO]
When will this shit stop?!?The Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act would:
- Increase the excise taxes on firearms from 10%-11% to 20%.
- Increase the excise tax on ammunition from 11% to 50%.
- Exempt all US government agencies from tax.
- Maintain the exemption for state and local governments, including police departments.
- Increase the Special Occupational Tax on firearm importers, manufacturers and dealers.
- Include assault pistols in the definition of firearms covered under the National Firearms Act.
- Increase the transfer tax on all weapons (except antique guns) covered under the National Firearms Act (excludes most common guns) from $200 to $500 and index to inflation.
- Increase the transfer tax for any other weapon from $5 to $100 and index to inflation
- Redirect revenue raised by the Act to: 35% COPS; 35% Project Safe Neighborhoods; 10% CDC Research; 5% National Criminal History Improvement Program; and 5% NICS Act Record Improvement Program; 5% and grants to schools and districts to implement comprehensive, evidence-based discipline systems to improve school climate.