• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

To night on the history ch

bambame2

NES Member
I hope this isn't the wrong place for this. To night on the history Chanel Nostradamus 2012 prophecies. I thought their might be some interest for people who would be in the survival area. And maybe give us a chance to discuss and dissect the information.

There's actually alot of discussion about this on other survival forums.

Personally, I don't give it any weight.

Nostradamous is a quack... if i sat down and wrote THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of "profecies", I'd be willing to bet that a small percentage of them could be interpreted loosely as being accurate within a couple thousand years...

Something else I have an issue with is the whole "Mayan Calendar" deal. Supposedly it reaches its "end" in 2012 and that's what everyone is freaked out about.

Yet earlier in the calendar and in other Mayan writings there are discussions of events in years that are well beyond 2012...

i saw this-- it is a little unsettling about the whole planetary alignment thing and the possibility that the earth could be thrown from it's axis...

but who knows...

One thing that does strike me as concerning was the weakening of the magnetosphere and switching of the poles. Not because I expect the sun to fry us, but because I am slightly concerned about its impact on our electronics systems- not so much at a personal level (ie, my laptop) but perhaps some older devices that are still in use...and maybe satcom.

Me and the wife talked about the Mayan Calendar and such and here is our thoughts on it. It ends in 2012, but according to them a new 'age/world' will happen. According to the Mayan Calendar we are currently in the 3rd World and the 4th World will happen in 2012. It is supposed to be bad, but not as apocalyptic as many people beleive.

One thing that does strike me as concerning was the weakening of the magnetosphere and switching of the poles. Not because I expect the sun to fry us, but because I am slightly concerned about its impact on our electronics systems- not so much at a personal level (ie, my laptop) but perhaps some older devices that are still in use...and maybe satcom.

there was a recent report about a massive breach in the magnetosphere just recently, and the way it happened threw all the current theories out....was not expected. Couple this with some warnings and forecasts of severe solar activity maxing in 2012, kind of makes you wonder. Why is this and other Gov'ts putting up so many solar observation satellites ....

The interesting thing I got from the History channel was the idea that the Mayans had the theory of cyclical time rather than linear time....in otherwords, things happened in the past, and they will happen again, in a cycle.....lets hope the observatory on the south pole doesn't actually find that brown dwarf on the inclined elliptical orbit that is supposed to pass coming in from the planetary south by in 2012...

I stopped watching it when they went in to their global warming rant.

There was another show on the other day that was counting down the most likely ways humans would go extinct (nuclear war, asteroid, super volcano ect.). It was all pretty interesting for what it was but once they got to number one and it was Global warming...we went to bed.[rolleyes]

Now I was wondering what time the end of the world might be taking place on that day in 2012. Would the end of the world just slowly progress across time zones, then pause to respect the international date line? Also, do you think there will be a pre-game show and/or a halftime show? Who would headline? For an end of the world halftime special I would have to go with a Slayer show.

I'll predict that for many people, their (pathetic little) world WILL come to an end in 2012.

The date will be the first Tuesday in November.

Their NEXT "bad" (to them) event will take place on the 20th of January, 2013.

Wait, wasn't the world supposed to end back in 2000 ?

Yup and in 1983 there was supposed to be the Jupiter effect due to its alignment with the Earth Sun and other planets. Again nothing, Nostradamas' quartrains = BS. Try this link if you're worried about alignments http://www.etsu.edu/physics/etsuobs/starprty/22099dgl/planalign.htm For myself, I'd be more concerned with stuff falling from space (NEOs, near Earth objects) or a good old fashioned series of major volcanic events such as the Deccan flood basalts or the ancient Yellowstone eruption.

Magnetic pole reversals; They have ocurred numerous times in the past (again geologic time not human life time), and will occur again. They appear to be rapid shifts, at least from what we see in the rock record. Nothing special there either in general, though I'm sure someone can find one corresponding to some great event, but there have literally been hundreds studied to date.

Now I was wondering what time the end of the world might be taking place on that day in 2012. Would the end of the world just slowly progress across time zones, then pause to respect the international date line? Also, do you think there will be a pre-game show and/or a halftime show? Who would headline? For an end of the world halftime special I would have to go with a Slayer show.

REM and their anthem would have to somehow be involved dontcha think?[smile]

Back
Top Bottom