Thoughts on S&W 952?

Chuck

NES Member
Hi,

Don't know much about this model other than it's a SA 9mm with a few old gun rag articles saying nice things about them. Interested in hearing thoughts from those who have put one through its paces. I am thinking of picking one up for IDPA ESP.

thanks,
Chuck

Chuck said:
Hi,

Don't know much about this model other than it's a SA 9mm with a few old gun rag articles saying nice things about them. Interested in hearing thoughts from those who have put one through its paces. I am thinking of picking one up for IDPA ESP.

thanks,
Chuck

Most accurate 9MM I have ever owned. I have one of the original blue models that are no longer made.
GAMEGUNS013.jpg

The hammer block was a little difficult to get used to as it works opposite of my 1911 thumb safety. Only holster I found was a Safariland.

I shot this also in center fire gallery and was impressed with how accurate it was. Trigger is right on 4# which I like.

I am told the newer stainless models are not made with the same hand fitting these models were but they are still very good.

Several of us at the local club have them. All seem to be happy.

Regards,

...I can feel the quality...

Gary is 100% correct regarding the S&W952.

The S&W 952 is a very well made very accurate 9mm. It is one of only a couple of guns I own that I can feel the quality when I handle it.

I use a Safariland 561-53 (made for a 1911) holster (it's lined) along with Strong A611-110 mag pouches. You could better mag pouches.

The down side is the safety is on the slide and it only holds 9 rounds (some say that is an advantage in IDPA?).

I usually shoot a S&W1911 in IDPA but some times I switch to the 952 for the thrill.

Chuck,
If you can get to the Independent Sportsman’s Club in Foxboro this Saturday the 25th I be happy to let you shoot it. There is a Pin and Plate shoot at 9:00, you can try it then or after the shoot as you'd like.

Respectfully,

jdkelly

Last edited:
jkelly said:
Gary is 100% correct regarding the S&W952.

jkelly said:
If you can get to the Independent Sportsman’s Club in Foxboro this Saturday the 25th I be happy to let you shoot it.

Thanks for the input guys. And JKelly thank you very much for the invite! But, I'm afraid I'll be a few thousand miles and many times zones away by Saturday.

Problem seems to be everyone who has one loves them so much I can't find a used one. These appear to cost even more then my sub-compact Glocks!

thanks,
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom