This is the one kid you shouldn't be worried about, stupid.

(http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200905080230/NEWS02/905080347)

PELHAM MANOR - Someone at the Pelham Public Library tattled on a teen researching gun carry and concealment laws, which led to the 11th-grader being called into the high school assistant principal's office and being interviewed by police, police said.
Advertisement

The unidentified student was called to Assistant Principal Lynn Sabia's office Tuesday after someone from the public library called the school, saying the teen had ordered a book on concealing a gun.

"It is not our procedure to notify somebody," about the books people order, library Director Patricia Perito said Wednesday, the day after the incident. But, she said, she had to look into it. Since then, Perito has declined to provide any explanation of the incident or information on the instructions the library has regarding notifying authorities about questionable book choices.

Pelham Manor police Detective Ken Campion said the teen was doing research on gun carry and concealment laws, not on how to conceal a gun.

The name of the book could not be verified and neither the student nor his family would comment.

There was not anything to be worried about with regard to the teen, Campion said after interviewing him Tuesday. He did not break any laws.

The boy is nervous about college, Campion said, and has heard about shootings on college campuses and was doing the research.

Pelham Manor school's spokeswoman, Angela Cox, said calling police was "a responsible step," but added that they were sure the student posed no threat and remained in school.

Pelham Manor school's spokeswoman, Angela Cox, said calling police was "a responsible step,"
Hopefully, now the student will read some books on China's cultural revolution, fascism, communism and various other "snitch" states...

There is nothing reasonable about that at all - it is harassment and the police officers she called should know better better than to humor them...

Caller:
"Hello, I work at the Pelham Manor school and I wanted to report a student who has requested books about handguns..."

Police:
"Ma'am, why would you want to report something like that? I don't have a box for "thought crime" to check on my form here, so is there some actually suspicious activity you'd like to report?"

Librarians generally hold to a code that they never disclose who is reading what. Why this librarian decided to call the police rather than engage the youngster as to why he was choosing the book he was borrowing or researching is beyond me. I think she over reacted.
Best Regards.

This from the liberals that don't want internet restrictions on public computers?

OH NOES! HOLY SHIT! A kid is reading a book! ARREST HIM!

Talk about a police state- someone is doing legal research, and some jackoff thought that was "offensive".

Sadly it's not getting that far from the truth. [sad2]

-Mike

Funny, I was just at the library doing the exact same thing about 2 weeks ago.

With a concealed gun on my hip. [shocked]

That librarian should be perusing the help wanted ads right about now. And if there was some sort of administrative policy directing her to call the school, the library directors should be out on their asses as well.

im still trying to wrap my head around the teenager in a library part... im no teenager, but im not that old either, and i cant remember the last time i set foot in a library for educational purposes [rolleyes]

Local Librarian doesn't like subject of book requested. Book burnings scheduled for 2:00 p.m. Individual thought reprogramming scheduled for 3:00p.m. Attendance is Mandatory.

The more restrictive some become the more (self) freedom is sought by those so restricted. It is just the way it is. So within and of itself, the former simply create more of the latter.

Librarians generally hold to a code that they never disclose who is reading what. Why this librarian decided to call the police rather than engage the youngster as to why he was choosing the book he was borrowing or researching is beyond me. I think she over reacted.
Best Regards.

+1

I served as a Library Trustee for a number of years and Librarians are, or maybe were, the most ferocious defenders of free speech, the ones who screamed loudest at sections of the Patriot Act that they felt were going to be used to snoop on patrons.

Now my fellow Trustees were classic moonbat liberals. We had one bequest/trust fund from a early 20th century marksman. The money was supposed to be used to buy gun related books. His collection of medals and awards were buried in a basement corner. I insisted the money be spent as intended and it was as long as I was there.

Next time he is in the library, he should check out George Orwell's 1984. That guy is proving to be our modern day Nostradamus!

im still trying to wrap my head around the teenager in a library part... im no teenager, but im not that old either, and i cant remember the last time i set foot in a library for educational purposes [rolleyes]

the Kid is probably Home-schooled, so has not been socialized enough or indoctrinated enough by the Public School "education" to know it's not cool to go to the Library......sadly, the Kid probably still has a valid interest and curiousity to actually try to learn something....

The boy is nervous about college, Campion said, and has heard about shootings on college campuses and was doing the research.

As he should. Even though he won't be able to carry on campus [sigh] at least he will be more educated when it comes to gun laws.

You can get "How To Book" on concealed carry? This should be illegal! We should place these books in piles and burn them!! Maybe add a little goose stepping for historical flavor.

WTF!

Well...this is just a portent of things to come, my friends....and he should be worried about college because now there is a record of him being interviewed by the police some place and somewhere. Even something as innocuous as this may come back to haunt him at a later date, even if he is viewed as a citizen above suspicion, he may have to explain one day and not just once. No harm, no foul...you say? Nay, nay...every bit of information about you is stored somewhere. It is not totally deleted, expunged or destroyed.

Ah, such is life in the Brave New World...[rolleyes]

Mark056

Last edited:
+1

I served as a Library Trustee for a number of years and Librarians are, or maybe were, the most ferocious defenders of free speech, the ones who screamed loudest at sections of the Patriot Act that they felt were going to be used to snoop on patrons.

Now my fellow Trustees were classic moonbat liberals. We had one bequest/trust fund from a early 20th century marksman. The money was supposed to be used to buy gun related books. His collection of medals and awards were buried in a basement corner. I insisted the money be spent as intended and it was as long as I was there.

Very well said. I was saddened to read about the librarian calling the police over a patron's choice of reading material. I've always admired librarians who spoke out in favor of giving people access to knowledge - all knowledge, not just that with the government stamp of approval.

+1 to Glockaholic for seeing that the bequest was spent as intended. I was surprised to find out from a friend of mine (who is a librarian) how many people left bequests to their local library. I am sure that these bequests will dwindle if the donors see that their wishes are not being followed.

Someone once described libraries as "universities for the masses." I'd hate to see them become an enforcement agent for the "Ministry of Thought." [sad]

I'm in too.....[smile]

Like to add a letter to the mayor of the town, for the invasion of privacy, by the liberalatarian, against the kid. To include her termination for said offence, so she will think twice about her actions. And the same for the school moonbat, and a suspention for the kids parents who filed a false police report. Did I miss anything????? Won't happen, but is a nice thought anyhow.....

There was a girl abducted and killed by her sex offender uncle in VT last year. While the girl was still missing the cops went to the local library and the lic***ians wouldn't let them search the public computers without a warrant. Wouldn't have helped as the girl was already dead. The librarians went on TV basically bragging about stopping the cops from trying to save this poor girl. Same kind of people that ratted out this kid. Burn librarians, not books.

Sounds like he's a Right-Wing-Extremist-Terrorist-In-Training (tm) to me. I hope to hell for his sake that he's not also concerned about issues like illegal immigration or the 2A or he may be in seriously deep trouble.

There was a girl abducted and killed by her sex offender uncle in VT last year. While the girl was still missing the cops went to the local library and the lic***ians wouldn't let them search the public computers without a warrant. Wouldn't have helped as the girl was already dead. The librarians went on TV basically bragging about stopping the cops from trying to save this poor girl. Same kind of people that ratted out this kid.

Sounds like the two groups are exactly the opposite of each other, not the "same kind of people" at all.

Climbnsink said:
Burn librarians, not books.

Please don't. [thinking]

+1 to the kid doing research.... in a library no less! See, there is at least someone in the young generations that doesn't believe all they read on the all mighty interwebs. We should be proud that he was looking up how to CC instead of going to homie-g and getting some "packing heat"....

Back
Top Bottom