Things Aren't As They Seem (How A Dashcam Video Can Screw You)

looking at both videos, I see the suspect point at the other officer from video 1, as he walks more the suspect turned his "gun" back to that officer.. I would not say brutality, more as self defence by lethal force.. now with the adrenaline pumping..the officers did fire too many shots but that suspect must have been on drugs to keep walking a few steps..

vid2.jpg

vid2_.jpg

vid1_.jpg

Last edited:
Reading the other posts from that link one of the guys said the suspect was actually holding a cellphone. It kinda looks a little bulky to be a gun.

Either way, if you're going to pretend you have a gun, make sure the other guy doesn't have a real one.

Even if it was a cellphone the officers had no idea. Note how one of the officers ducks when he swings whatever was in his hand around. He definetly thought whatever was being turned on him wasn't a cellphone. That's also when the other officer started shooting, so I'm guessing no matter what was in the suspect's hand, he was using it as if it was a gun, and the officers saw it as a gun.

-Weer'd Beard

hopefully nothing bad happen to the Officers. They were doing their job!! I saw the video in real time it looks like a gun!! Police officer have a fraction of a second to make a live or die choice!!! The stupid perp is a candidate for the Darwin award!!

jwilson said:
hopefully nothing bad happen to the Officers. They were doing their job!! I saw the video in real time it looks like a gun!! Police officer have a fraction of a second to make a live or die choice!!! The stupid perp is a candidate for the Darwin award!!

When I first saw this vid, I wasn't sure what he had in his hand. Still if it HAD been a gun, and the officers mistook it for a cellphone the results would be VERY different.

Also what the armchair quarterbacks seem to forget is the bottom line. A guy who leads Police on a chase and then bails from his car when cornered is NOT the kind of guy who is then immidiatly start handing daisies to the officers and thank them for thier perserverience.

Same goes for intruders in the home. If I hear breaking glass and boots clomping around my living room at 2am I'm NOT going to assume it's Uncle Ned comming over to watch the game. When things go as totally wrong as they did here people dismiss it and look at the results and compare it to thier everyday lives.

But in our everyday lives when somebody sees flashing lights in thier rearveiw mirror they STOP, and no news is made. [rolleyes]

-Weer'd Beard

SiameseRat said:
if you're going to pretend you have a gun, make sure the other guy doesn't have a real one.

I had a BB gun pointed at me years back, I said "you best be aiming for my eye, because if your not, your going to fall after you fire that POS!" he looked at me and turned and ran away........dumb ass!

Back
Top Bottom