• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thermacell heated insoles ??

http://www.thermacell.com/heated-insoles/products/heated-insoles-foot-warmer

I just noticed these while checking out their anti-bug products. As someone who has trouble keeping their feet warm during an all-day sit, these look intere$ting. Being able to switch the source of heat on/off, and modulate the intensity would be useful.

During my deer hunting travels, I often cross through some swampy sections. So I wear those tall, rubber boots. The boots seem fine for a few hours once up in the stand, but really cold temps can sap the heat out of them quickly. I've tried those heat pack envelopes. They pack up and become useless quickly.

Start out the morning with DRY warm boots. I hang my boots over the wood stove at night with the soles up on coat hangers bent for the task. Everyones feet sweat to a degree, if the boots are damp you'll get cold faster.

Wear several pair of socks. I wear a poly pro liner, a light weight wool sock then rag wool socks. If I'm going into the swamp a pair of Gortex socks over the others.

Layers are important. and you have to have boots large enough to give you room for the socks. If your boots are too tight your feel will chill faster.

The rechargable part is a deal breaker for me. No Electric at hunting camp.

Hope that helps,

My extremities turn purple in the winter and I'm looking for gloves and socks that could help my condition. I never thought of layer socks, great idea. Goretex makes good stuff apparently.

They look darn nice! So nice I did a bit nof research. It appears the reviews online are quite hit and miss some folks love them others get bad ones that don't work or don't get hot! Bass pro sells them there are 30 reviews here's a link!

http://www.basspro.com/ThermaCELL-Heated-Rechargeable-Insoles/product/11100805013014/

Has me on the fence they aren't cheap compared to the chemical toe warmers

Andddd here's a link with a more reasonable price: http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/prod...dium=organic&gclid=CPabg-yl47ICFQKe4AodBXcASg

Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's charge full MSRP on most everything. Hate their prices, love their stores.

Layer socks make your feet sweat.. Your better off wearing one pair and swapping them out...
I have poor blood flow and hands and feet get cold..
I learned this after a few years of snowboarding and skiing in the back woods of canon mt in blizzards.
I'll def look in to these foot Warmers tho.

Also mittens are better then gloves, I wear cloth gloves in my mittens and swap them out as my hands sweat.

Layer socks make your feet sweat.. Your better off wearing one pair and swapping them out...
I have poor blood flow and hands and feet get cold..
I learned this after a few years of snowboarding and skiing in the back woods of canon mt in blizzards.
I'll def look in to these foot Warmers tho.

Also mittens are better then gloves, I wear cloth gloves in my mittens and swap them out as my hands sweat.

Good to know thanks. I also have poor circulation to my hands and feet. People always comment about my hands when it's like 20 degrees outside and I forget gloves as they turn blue and purple. I'll look into a good warm pair of mittens.

Back
Top Bottom