• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Them damn Clay Birds sure do fly fast! Thanks Hopkinton Sportsman!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I wanted to send out a Thank You to Andy and the shotgun crew at Hopkinton Sportsman. They held a Trap, Skeet and 5 Stand Event yesterday. 80 rounds overall where everyone gets one round of each discipline.

Holy crap was it fun. I’ve only done Trap shooting in the past so skeet and 5 Stand were new to me. I did ok with Trap but holy crap do those birds fly fast in Skeet and 5 Stand.

Best part? I didn’t finish last!!! Woohoo. Ok, I finished second to last but it wasn’t last. LOL. Definitely going to need to keep trying that.

Thanks Hopkinton Sportsman!

trap IIRC are 46mph , Skeet 55 mph and 5 stand depends on the presentation and target size. Presentation can really play with that also. Hard to pick up on speed with things come at you or away. Cross or angle can seem slower or faster toss in the different size targets !. Fun stuff and thats cool you combined all of the clay games for one event

are there any introductory events for idiots who never shot real shotgun sports? :)

i have a beretta 1301 comp i did not touch now in, do not even remember how many years. as it is as a competition shotgun as a tractor - i`m just too shy to show up at any event with it, but, it would be great to attend something, well, less official.

are there any introductory events for idiots who never shot real shotgun sports? :)

i have a beretta 1301 comp i did not touch now in, do not even remember how many years. as it is as a competition shotgun as a tractor - i`m just too shy to show up at any event with it, but, it would be great to attend something, well, less official.

Hopkinton does Trap and Skeet on Tuesday nights and Sunday morning. Just have to show up and tell them your new. I went to the event Saturday never having shot skeet or 5 stand. Got a lot of help from the guys in my squad.

Hopkinton does Trap and Skeet on Tuesday nights and Sunday morning. Just have to show up and tell them your new. I went to the event Saturday never having shot skeet or 5 stand. Got a lot of help from the guys in my squad.
i`ll probably keep talking for a couple more years about it before i actually gain enough momentum to actually raise my ass and make it out there. :)

Back
Top Bottom