• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The private militias providing “security” for anti-lockdown protests, explained

Reptile

NES Member
Militia groups asked to provide “security” are being decried by Republicans as “a bunch of jackasses.”
The anti-social distancing and anti-stay-at-home order rallies that have taken place in state capitals across the country haven’t yet changed public views on state-level shutdown orders meant to slow the novel coronavirus pandemic. Recent national polling indicates that Americans largely oppose efforts to reopen private businesses and may even support stricter shutdown protocols.

But the rallies have attracted a host of fringe actors and attendees, including anti-vaccination activists and believers in conspiracy theories like QAnon, as well as armed members of militia groups.

Many protests aimed at a specific policy or entity (no matter their politics) attract a host of groups with their own interests, or people more interested in self-promotion.

The militia members, though, are different. They aren’t just showing up to the protests. In at least one case, they were invited by organizers: In Michigan on April 30, militia members were expressly invited by organizers of the “American Patriot Rally” to provide “security.”

The response to their presence came fast and furious, even from supporters of the shutdown protests more generally. In a tweet praising the overall protest, Michigan Republican state Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey said of the armed members of the protests (including militia members): “They do not represent the Senate Republicans. At best, those so-called protestors are a bunch of jackasses.”

Having the armed idots at these rallys plays right into lefties depicting us as gun toting crazy people.
With any hot button issue there are 30% for 30% against, and whoever can convince the majority of the 30% middle of their side wins.
We are not helping us by strapping on AR's and looking paramilitary.

Having the armed idots at these rallys plays right into lefties depicting us as gun toting crazy people.
With any hot button issue there are 30% for 30% against, and whoever can convince the majority of the 30% middle of their side wins.

If I could open carry my AR15 to the grocery store then you bet I would have a rifle slung. F* the lefties, let them stay home and cry in the basement.

Oh jeez. Optics cucking is cucking. Cucking never accomplishes anything. Look at this way since the VA 2A event rallies with open carried AR's have almost become the norm. They certainly haven't been rare. Think about that, that is winning. You can't hide gun culture and expect gun culture to survive. As for not everyone agreeing on everything if that is your standard good luck with anything.

I don't give a f*** about any of this bullshit. I'm not looking to help anyone. If I want to exercise my rights, I do that for me, not for you.

You must not be paying attention.

We are passed the point of trying to “help our side”.

I don't buy the poll results. Either the pollsters asked frightened millenials in Cambridge, and just forgot about real people, even in MA, or they asked the questions in such a way that they got the responses they desired. Do I have evidence? No, but how could people be that stupid? Yes, wear masks. Yes, practice social distancing. But open the effing economy before there's nothing left.

Stay concealed until the last moment.
That way you hold the element of surprise.
Those that come for our freedoms will understand what Custer must have thought in his final moments..

No camo, civilian cloths.
If the shooting starts it will look like a civilian massacre.

Honest citizens getting shot and killed.
That was how the last revolution was started.

bm.jpeg

Which is "our side"?

Its tough to tell

Tyrannical Dem AND Republican governors appear to be the norm outside of South Dakota and 7-8 other GOP led states that NH is unfortunately not a part of.

It becoming increasingly apparent that big gov and leadership of both parties is complicit in foisting this mess on the population to cover up for their f*** ups/bad data and horrific decisions

.gov is never our side IMO. Edit: Republican, Democrat or otherwise they need to be constantly kept in check.

Like wrench and Flare mentioned earlier. Government fears a populace not dependent on them.

Nah, the problem is that there are not MORE gun toting people there, that act even CRAZIER. Like 1776 crazy.....

What if we really are gun toting crazy people??? Is there anything wrong with being a gun toting crazy person??

In the beginning I disagreed with the concept of protests in general (ie in late March and early April), seemed more of a real situation then deserving some respect or at least tolerance until we got more information...

Now I think .gov has gone overboard, infringing when its not even likely helpful just because maybe somehow sometimes it might save a life so no working, no outdoor recreation, telling us we must wear masks, etc etc..

All this time has gone by and our governments aren't actually making law via normal open process with house and senate, we are dealing with dictators orders. Its no longer a critical emergency warranting such action and probably never was.

Now I think armed for war is a great way to defy BS orders, not that I think anyone is shooting back or at all but it helps show the potential and the seriousness of the infringements. Will police enforce a BS distancing order on 100 angry armed people? Unlikely.

Angry about they way the politicians view "Our" rights.
That is what is going to fan the flames of freedom once again!

This is all a blessing in disguise.
Those in government have finally shown their most dangerous weapon.
The outright elite class of people vs the commoner.

We fought their wars, we build this nation, we all know to well what sacrifice is to endure.
Yet, our lives and livelihood mean nothing to those that we call representatives of the people.
They represent themselves and it's all about self preservation at any and all cost.
They thrive on the "power" they have been granted.
Then abuse it to further their cause.
They will have any and all that oppose them shut down in courts that are their loyalist.
These elitist have a free reign of the commoners.
They are exempt from such laws and they exempt those that they tell to enforce such laws!

Last edited:
The response to their presence came fast and furious, even from supporters of the shutdown protests more generally. In a tweet praising the overall protest, Michigan Republican state Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey said of the armed members of the protests (including militia members): “They do not represent the Senate Republicans. At best, those so-called protestors are a bunch of jackasses.”

of course not, f***ing Republicans are no better on gun control than their Democratic mirror reflection.

of course not, f***ing Republicans are no better on gun control than their Democratic mirror reflection.
That's because they are trying to play both sides of the fence in the same game!

The funniest thing about our 2nd amendment rights is most people agree with someone being classified as a felon and stripped of this right.
Even though it is a lifetime restriction.
They have no problem imprisoning someone classified as a felon that is found with a firearm no matter the reason it is for them having one.
Little does anyone realize that this is how they are going to classify us, to do the same!

Those MA state police officers that stole the overtime should have been convicted of a felony for the money they stole from the people.
They should have been imprisoned, lost their pensions and made to pay it back.
Instead it got buried by those that swore to serve and protect us.
Imagine if they lost their right to carry and own firearms for life!
This is another example of the injustice of our lives here in MA!

Last edited:
Show me a rally where legal gun owners that showed up with rifles burned cars, stores, attacked cops and trashed the place.

If you cant find one, at least show me one where the protesters didnt pick up their trash.

Go ahead, I will wait.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of protests/rallies by "unarmed" lefties that end up in chaos with a trashed neighborhood.

Protip: they manage to try to do this at any contentious protest, guns or no guns.

Look at what happened in Boston with the antifa bullshit, MSM tried to make it look like the free speech protesters were all right wing white people, when the reality was that
half the people speaking there were minorities!

Also we're way past the point of worrying about "optics" in most cases.

-Mike

My opinion is people should present themselves as they dress in everyday life.
If people see us as we are in real life then they will notice we come from all races and walks of life.

Leave the camo, plate carriers, rifles and tactical gear at home.
A protest is not a show and tell session.

A protest is just that. A protest, a gathering of like minds voicing their displeasure of a representatives actions.
A protest can be great way to garnish support from fellow firearm owners.
Maybe it gets a few more to step up and stand for something.

Now what does most protest accomplish to our elected officials.
Absolutely nothing.

If there is enough protesters, well then, anything can happen.

Going armed to a protest?
In my opinion concealed is best.
You aren't picked out in a crowd and you have the tactical advantage of being invisible among others.
You could conceal anything if done properly.
Don't stick out and look as the others do.

At least when your picture makes it to the media.
You won't look like some salvation army reject.

If there is a confrontation it should show what it is.
Civilians being accosted by men in uniforms.
Think Kent State and the Boston massacre.

Above all, numbers matter.
You can easily push around a few.
But can you push around thousands?

Last edited:
My opinion is people should present themselves as they dress in everyday life.
If people see us as we are in real life then they will notice we come from all races and walks of life.

Leave the camo, plate carriers, rifles and tactical gear at home.
A protest is not a show and tell session.

A protest is just that. A protest, a gathering of like minds voicing their displeasure of a representatives actions.
A protest can be great way to garnish support from fellow firearm owners.
Maybe it gets a few more to step up and stand for something.

Now what does most protest accomplish to our elected officials.
Absolutely nothing.

If there is enough protesters, well then, anything can happen.

Going armed to a protest?
In my opinion concealed is best.
You aren't picked out in a crowd and you have the tactical advantage of being invisible among others.
You could conceal anything if done properly.
Don't stick out and look as the others do.

At least when your picture makes it to the media.
You won't look like some salvation army reject.

If there is a confrontation it should show what it is.
Civilians being accosted by men in uniforms.
Think Kent State and the Boston massacre.

Above all, numbers matter.
You can easily push around a few.
But can you push around thousands?
Thank you. Very well said.

Show me a rally where legal gun owners that showed up with rifles burned cars, stores, attacked cops and trashed the place.

If you cant find one, at least show me one where the protesters didnt pick up their trash.

Go ahead, I will wait.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of protests/rallies by "unarmed" lefties that end up in chaos with a trashed neighborhood.
You don't get it. What is important is to look like their friends and people that they interact with everyday. Looking like a paramilitary idiot does not win over the "middle" people.

In the beginning I disagreed with the concept of protests in general (ie in late March and early April), seemed more of a real situation then deserving some respect or at least tolerance until we got more information...

Now I think .gov has gone overboard, infringing when its not even likely helpful just because maybe somehow sometimes it might save a life so no working, no outdoor recreation, telling us we must wear masks, etc etc..

All this time has gone by and our governments aren't actually making law via normal open process with house and senate, we are dealing with dictators orders. Its no longer a critical emergency warranting such action and probably never was.

Now I think armed for war is a great way to defy BS orders, not that I think anyone is shooting back or at all but it helps show the potential and the seriousness of the infringements. Will police enforce a BS distancing order on 100 angry armed people? Unlikely.
What if we really are gun toting crazy people??? Is there anything wrong with being a gun toting crazy person??
If you are trying to win over middle america, yes, quite a bit. If you are spoiling for a fight, go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom