• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The King of the Trolls

You all remember that MA teacher who trolled the Glob last year? Well he has trolled the NRA ILA this morning.
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=13441
It is a truism to say that there are many anti gun ideologues among our educational elites. But few are as honest as Doug Van Gorder -- a math teacher at Brockton High School. He admits that he would rather lose a child than exercise his right to defend himself with a gun. In the wake of a recent school shooting, he wrote this in a Letter to the Editor of the Boston Globe.

Read About It: TownHall
[rofl2][rofl2]

[bow]

He got destroyed in the comment section for that too. Maybe someday his family will be in immanent danger, and he can throw himself in front of them as a shield.

Or not given his attitudes.

He is trolling (brilliantly), as evidenced by you guys missing it. He is being sarcastic in a way that is not obvious to most readers. The guy's a genius.

He is trolling (brilliantly), as evidenced by you guys missing it. He is being sarcastic in a way that is not obvious to most readers. The guy's a genius.

I caught that, I think its more of reverse psychology than sarcasm. The readers are forced to defend our side or agree with his foolish statement.

That's what I thought as well, wasn't that determined in the other thread?

Yep... there were snippets of a couple of other letters that indicated he was very pro-RKBA, and there was another one where genuine liberals were dog piling on him for his attitude about being so uncaring and callous about the homeless.

I had forgotten about the Dougie until now and I'm kind of disappointed that we never heard anything about him again.

Um, not so sure. If you visit Bard College you will find exactly that and they are not being sarcastic. These nutters will sacrifice their own children if it makes them look good in the eyes of their fellow progressive nutties. If this were someone outside academia I'd be more comfortable assuming he's trolling and not just nuts. If you know him then I'll admit being wrong with no hesitation.

I'm going to concur with the genius comment on this one. I have read a few of his postings, all of them after I was outraged by his letter to the editor in the Globe. His outrageous comments compelled me to look further. After having found additional statements attributed to him on other websites I came to the conclusion that he is the anti Stephen Colbert. He is a conservative wrapped in liberal clothing, using their own words to skewer them. I found one of his posts to be the tip off. The following came from the Stars and Stripes. Most liberals have no idea what the Stars and Stripes is or if it even exists.

Keep diversity at all costs?
Stars and Stripes
Letters to the Editor, Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Immediately after the shootings at Fort Hood, Texas, the Army’s top officer, Gen. George Casey, said, "As horrific as this tragedy was, if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse."

The general is spot on.

There is no more precious national cause than the continued creation and veneration of diversity. Diversity trumps the safety and lives of our soldiers, ourselves and our children. The deaths of 13 brave men and women constitute a tragic loss, but we can take comfort in knowing that their lives were given in the name of protecting Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan’s right to remain a member in good standing of the American military.

It is entirely appropriate that the Army never acted upon suspicions raised by Hasan’s earlier, perhaps troubling to some, behavior. It is appropriate because — and we must continually restate this as almost a mantra until progressivism sets our collective heart in the right place — he is an American whose very presence completes our national identity. And although we deplore the acts of violence Hasan allegedly committed, we deeply cherish his contribution to America’s diversity.

Doug Van Gorder
Quincy, Mass.

As I am fairly new here I hope the above letter is not a repost.

On a side note: My father was a writer for the Stars and Stripes. He had originally planned to make the Army his career. After WWII ended he retired but stayed in Germany and wrote for the Stars and Stripes.

This guy is my hero. Someone should get him to an NES shoot.

It is entirely appropriate that the Army never acted upon suspicions raised by Hasan’s earlier, perhaps troubling to some, behavior. It is appropriate because — and we must continually restate this as almost a mantra until progressivism sets our collective heart in the right place — he is an American whose very presence completes our national identity. And although we deplore the acts of violence Hasan allegedly committed, we deeply cherish his contribution to America’s diversity.

Doug Van Gorder
Quincy, Mass.

[rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom