The IRS Is Buying Up Ammo, While The Government Intends To Make It Harder For Citizens To Acquire

Reptile

NES Member
According to a report by Breitbart, the Internal Revenue Service has spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying ammunition, raising concern about why a government agency is buying ammunition that the administration plans to restrict further in the coming months.

On Saturday, Congressman Matt Gaetz told Breitbart that the IRS spent approximately $700,000 “between March and June 1” purchasing ammunition.

Gaetz called the IRS’s acquisition of the ammunition “bizarre.” He said, “There is concern that this is part of a broader effort to have any entity in the federal government buy up ammo to reduce the amount of ammunition that is in supply, while at the same time, making it harder to produce ammo.”

Continues...

I still remember when Ammo Guy had pallets of 50k 556 brass ammo for $5000 shipped…I’m that old 😉

But I wouldn’t put it past Biden to take The clue and issue an EO having Feds buy tons of ammo to keep it off the market. Spending Other People’s Money is pretty easy.

Are IRS agents armed?
Yes. They have been for a while.

IRS-CI Special Agents are the only employees within the IRS authorized to carry and use firearms. The authority to carry and use firearms is derived from United States Code Title 26, Section 7608, wherein criminal investigators of the IRS are authorized to make arrests under Federal law.

Did the same thing during Bubba and Bama years.
Every "armed" enforcement division of every gov't agency outside very limited FBI units, must be eliminated, their entire workforces cut. There is absolutely no excuse for accountants to guns and badges. They destroy more lives with their biased pens anyway.

(implied in the above is the elimination of the entire ATF and all of the employees. They can go find work at Starbucks or Barnes and Noble. Eliminate the DEA too.)

Last edited:
I still remember when Ammo Guy had pallets of 50k 556 brass ammo for $5000 shipped…I’m that old 😉

But I wouldn’t put it past Biden to take The clue and issue an EO having Feds buy tons of ammo to keep it off the market. Spending Other People’s Money is pretty easy.

I don't buy it, this is part of gun media/jingo hype machine. This nostrum of "buying the ammo to keep it off the market" is absurd. At least at the rates posited in the
articles.

If this is the case (or was the case during obama) then where is this secret bunker theyre storing all the ammo in? [rofl] To buy enough ammo to really disrupt the market they'd have to be buying and caching it somewhere, or buying it and then destroying it, etc.

Also 700 grand on an ammo contract is basically "a handful of dog meat. " Sure its a lot of cash but not that much in an industry sense. Assuming a cost of $300 a case for bulk 9mm (reasonable assumption at big contract wholesale these days) that's basically like 2,334 cases of 9mm ammo. At a pallet rate of 64 cases a pallet, that's literally only 37 Pallets of ammo, or like a half dozen tractor trailers of 9mm, maybe less then that depending on how dense/heavy the trailers were packed. Nothing to sneeze at but in the scope of the whole market? Basically inconsequential. Back when Walmart sold ammo they were probably moving that much shit every a week out of their distribution center(s), maybe more. And Walmart was probably only 20% of the market at a feed point.

If you told me the IRS (or insert other similarly useless federal agency here) was buying 700K/mo in ammo then I'd be more likely to buy into this tinfoil funhouse theory.

Don't get me wrong this administration is shit and we likely havent seen the worst of it yet. But this "gov buying ammo" thing is so retarded its almost like its controlled opposition disinfo designed to make gun owners and pro RKBA advocates look mentally retarded.

Think about the optics of that for a minute. Layperson NPC anti goes "See? These people are so deranged they even think that the government is buying up all the ammo so they can't buy it!!!" etc and so on.

ETA: if we put it in geographic terms if this order of 9mm was to overlap with a regional supply of ammo and you coated the northeastern US (including tri state and PA) with that ammo, you're looking at like not even a month supply tops for those gun shops. That's not hugely disruptive on anything other than a short/near term scale.

Not to mention.... most of these contracts don't collect all the ammo at once. The contract is fulfilled as the ammo is received which is rarely, if ever "all at once. Might take whoever wins it a year or two to fill it (or whatever is mandated in the contract).

Last edited:
Lol also note, if you drill into the contract..... that contract is for 4.6 million, and it started in 2017 and it looks like it ends this year in FY 22 (October).

Yeah thats a lot of cake every year for ammo, sure, I get it.

But it's not really anywhere near enough to make for a great conspiracy.

IRS and Postal both have their own swat teams. Let that sink in for a minute.

At least in the case of the postal service those guys are dealing with fraud rings and that sort of shit.

The IRS having guys with guns? Can't see benefit to taxpayer. Something that could easily be handled by (some other existing agency here). Honestly most of these agencies are worthless.

At least in the case of the postal service those guys are dealing with fraud rings and that sort of shit.

The IRS having guys with guns? Can't see benefit to taxpayer. Something that could easily be handled by (some other existing agency here). Honestly most of these agencies are worthless.
Well not just as simple as having a couple hand guns for agents in the field so to speak, but like having enough rifles and sub guns to train and equip their own tactical team.

Lol also note, if you drill into the contract..... that contract is for 4.6 million, and it started in 2017 and it looks like it ends this year in FY 22 (October).

Yeah thats a lot of cake every year for ammo, sure, I get it.

But it's not really anywhere near enough to make for a great conspiracy.
Well, yeah. I wasn’t saying it WAS a conspiracy - just that it would make a great conspiracy if they actually intended to buy up all the ammo. If they cannot curtail production or restrict purchasing to some rounds/month limit, then buying it up for Homeland Security would be a short-term solution. Ammo manufacturers cannot increase production w/o sizable investments in infrastructure over time, so USG could trim supply and run up prices.

It’s already at 12rd per Gallon of Regular Gasoline!

#MathIsHard.

Like literally a hundred or more Federal Agencies and Departments, the IRS has it's own police department, with roughly 2400 armed "special agents." So that works out to 300 dollars per agent, or perhaps a box of FMJ per agent per week.

$700K a quarter would not have a noticeable impact on the amount of ammo available for commercial sale, and FWIW, the standard issue weapons for such agents are the Glock 22, 23, and 27.

I believe each agency with investigations has their own armed agents. A high school classmate was an investigator with the IRS, ow he’s with the postal service I believe. They do armed raids as part of investigations. They investigate tax fraud etc and those suspects won’t always be wealthy doctors, they may be dangerous people.

It’s probably better if each agency has their own investigations rather than give the FBI even more power and range of oversight.

Back
Top Bottom