• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The day has come...

A sad day for 200 employees and for the firearms industry in MA...

A solemn farewell to H&R 1871
Photo By Steve Nyberg

getimage.aspx

Rich Berry of H&R’s Inventory Department, lowers the flag one last time at the company on Industrial Rowe on Friday morning in Gardner. Remington Arms Co. Inc., the United States’ largest firearms manufacturer, closed the doors to its Gardner plant Friday. Although the closing cost more than 200 employees their jobs, Mayor Mark Hawke and Lt. Gov. Tim Murray were able to deem the employees trade certified, which is expected to make their transition into new jobs easier. The parent company, which is headquartered in Madison, N.C., designs, produces and sells sporting goods products for the hunting and shooting sports markets under a family of brands including Remington, Marlin, H.R. 1871, LLC, New England Firearms, LC Smith and Parker as well as weapons to the military, government and law enforcement markets. Founded in 1816 in upstate New York, the company is one of the nation’s oldest continuously operating manufacturers and is the only U.S. manufacturer of both firearms and ammunition.

http://www.thegardnernews.com/index_sections.aspx?catid=0

It's a sad passing. I did some soil excavation and disposal work up there some years ago. Used to take out their drummed waste, too.

yeah, I heard about this a week or so ago... The New England Firearms guns in my local shop are on clearence right now... Most likely because of this. Sad to hear. It was cool having a manufacturer nearby....

Back
Top Bottom