The Bill Drill --- Modified

The updated drill doesn't really work the same fundamentals as the original. The original is all about recoil control and calling your shots, plus a fast draw. Yours is more fast draw and splits. The problem I see is that it is easy to be sloppy up until the 3rd or 4th shot and never see it on the target. The original bill drill shows this right away.

I like your drill but it is to different to be called a updated bill drill. My updated bill drill is targets at 7,15,25 yard

Huh, funny I follow you on Youtube but didn't know you were a member.
Is theRealTripleBBB a member here too?

I agree that this focusus on different things. Like you I use the 6 six shots from holster in 2 seconds. I have a video of that coming. I was told that Bill Wilson himself was the guy who updated / modified the drill. Thanks for your insight!

The updated drill doesn't really work the same fundamentals as the original. The original is all about recoil control and calling your shots, plus a fast draw. Yours is more fast draw and splits. The problem I see is that it is easy to be sloppy up until the 3rd or 4th shot and never see it on the target. The original bill drill shows this right away.

I like your drill but it is to different to be called a updated bill drill. My updated bill drill is targets at 7,15,25 yard

Here is the original version ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT49pxCT69g

Not to be pain in the ass here. But the bill drill is done from surrender and keeping all shots in the A zone is the whole point of the drill

A major point of the bill drill is that it isolates draw and split times and tells you what you need to work on. It exposes a bad grip, aiming and trigger control. You have to understand this when running the drill.

How do you interpret your speed and accuracy on a bill drill and what can you do in live and/or dry fire to improve?

Back
Top Bottom