• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thanks for helping the newbees

I know the experienced reloaders must get tired of answering all the newb questions so I wanted say thanks for the advice. It is appreciated.
I got my press last week and have loaded up several hundred rounds of 9mm so far and have really enjoyed it. This is my most accurate load so far:

115 gr win fmj
cci primers
6.4 gr power pistol
1.13 OAL
Light crimp with Lee factory crimp die

Now instead of worrying about saving ammo for the rest of the week I want to empty the box so I can fill it again! [smile]

You picked a good powder; it is accurate and powerful. I use it for 10mm often. There is a downside however. You'll find it when it's time to clean your gun. It doesn't stop me from using it though.

Last edited:
You picked a good powder; it is accurate and powerful. I use it for 10mm often. There is a downside however. You'll find it when it's time to clean your gun. It doesn't stop me from using it though.

Ha ha! I didn't have to wait that long. I was starting to have a hard time seeing the front sight because it was turning black from the soot. [thinking]
I have been trying winchester 231 too but so far has not been as accurate.

Pete, I got the rochchucker kit from midway. Its slow but seems to be good quality. The uniflow powder measure has been very consistant. BTW, if anyone needs a digital caliper the frankfort model is on sale for $19.99.

Back
Top Bottom