Ted Nugent, You gotta see this!

Ted for Governor!! get rid of Patrick

Screw that, see below...

Ted for president, Ted for president.

Anybody want to start a DRAFT 'NUGE FOR 2012 website ?

I don't agree with everything he says but I'll be the first to say he's got more common sense about fixing things wrong with what's left of this country than any of the talking heads I've seen.

So you don't stand corrected when presented with facts directly contradicting your statements? I suppose that's your prerogative. I specifically linked to a statement of his saying he would come down hard on drug USERS

...of illegally obtained drugs. So the info you linked to does NOT in fact contradict what I said. However I suppose the point is moot since he doesn't believe in legalizing them.

ETA:The point I was making is that his problem is with the business behind drugs and what results from people supporting that business. While I don't think he likes drugs, I've not seen any suggestion from him that the government has any say in what we put in our bodies (as long as it wasn't obtained by supporting criminals)

How do you think he proposes to differentiate the drug user that smokes pot that was bought from Mexico versus the drug user that smokes pot that was grown in a backyard in California? The answer- he doesn't differentiate.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong but I suspect that is your opinion. Either way I'm starting to see the pointlessness in arguing somebody elses opinion.

Last edited:
I don't see how that's being "piss poor". Sounds like he just cuts to the chase.

Sorry, but I disagree. He's got the Balls to speak up and go public which most don't have anymore. If we had more people like him the neo-con libs would have their tails between their legs a heads buried in the sand wondering what the hell just hit them [angry2]

Which any loudmouth with an ax to grind can do... except most of them have the common sense and intelligence to understand where to draw the line if they expect to be taken seriously and change public opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I believe Nugent is a genuine 2nd amendment rights supporter, but he needs to learn to STFU and sit down because his cutting to the chase does our cause more harm than good... stuff like this for instance...

Decked out in full-on camouflage hunting gear, Nugent wielded two machine guns while raging, “Obama, he’s a piece of shit. I told him to suck on my machine gun. Hey Hillary,” he continued. “You might want to ride one of these into the sunset, you worthless bitch.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...-hillary-clinton-during-vicious-onstage-rant/

His being an NRA board member only reflects poorly on the rest of us.

And about the "draft-dodging"? He gets more points in my book for telling the government to go fly a kite because he won't kill on behalf of the state. If my number was drafted, I'd do the same thing. In fact, I'd probably record the video of me burning the ticket and post it on YouTube.

If only his intention was that noble and self sacrificing [rolleyes].

If he had any real convictions or had any balls he would have gone to prison instead of shitting himself...

October 1977 interview of Ted Nugent: How did you get out of the draft? Ted: So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar & go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin around, hippying down, getting loaded & pickin my *** like your common curs, Id say Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the **** out of scuffin around in the gutters. But I wasnt a gutter dog. I was a hard workin, ************ rock-n-roll musician!

I got my physical notice 30 days prior. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing teeth, no more washing hair, no baths, no soap, no water. 30 days of debris build. I stopped shavin & I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, & it started gettin kinky, matted up. Then 2 weeks before, I stopped eating food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff, buttered ****, little jars of Polish sausages, & Id drink syrup. I was this side of death. Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. ****, piss the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. Im gonna play their own game, & Im gonna destroy em. Now my whole body is crusted in **** & piss. I was ill. And 3 or 4 days before, I started stayin awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely anti drug as Ive always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about a wounded ************. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didnt know and Im vacuuming that **** right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human ****. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, & my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful & nauseous as it was cause I was really into bein clean and on the ball I made gutter swine hippies look like football payers. I was deviano.

So I went in. Those guys in uniform couldnt believe the smell. They were ridiculin me, pushin me around. I was cryin, but all the time I was laughin. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test, I passed out.When I came to they were kicking me into the wall. They made everybody take off their pants so I did, & this sergeant says, Oh my God, put those back on! You ****** swine! Then they had a urine test & I couldnt piss, but my **** was just like ooze, man, so I **** in the cup & put it on the counter. I had **** on my hand & my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. Last thing I remember was wakin up in the ear test booth. They were sweepin up, so I went home & cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me & got the street rats out of my hair, ate some steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple days & I was ready to kick ***, and in the mail I got this big juicy 4F. Theyd call dead people before theyd call my ***.

(Here's another funny side of Uncle Teds open defiance)...

But you know the funny thing about it? Id make an incredible army man. Id be a colonel before you knew what hit you, & Id have the baddest bunch of ************ killers youd ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasnt into it. I was too busy doin my own thing, you know?,

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=4596630&sid=170efa8537d9905ad55a7aa484d4668b

Yeah... "The Nuge" is quite the rebellious one.

I guess you have a problem with me, then.

Sorry... I came off the wrong way posting that. It wasn't meant to be an insult or put down. I just can't fathom why any gun owner would cheer this guy on as if he's some savior sent to rescue us from the gun-grabbers and far left.

I don't care about our "image".

Really? The image we portray to the public is an important tool in turning the general public to our side.

I don't give a flying f*** about the genuine gun-grabbers... they'll never change, however I don't see anything to be gained by providing them with any ammunition they can use against us.

Our best opportunities lie with the uncommitted/no opinion/middle-of-the-road voters... they're the ones we need to reach. They're the ones that make or break an election or ballot question. they're the ones we need to convince that law abiding gun owners are just like them and everyone else.

How many times (or how often), has the subject of "image" and how we portray ourselves and how we'll be received by the non-gun owning public been discussed here on NES? All too often we really can be our own worst enemies.

I care about being left alone.

As does everyone else, unfortunately as gun owners, we can't afford that luxury; not right now with the current administration and with just how close we are to scoring some big victories down the road as a result of the Heller decision.

I have never heard him say such a thing. He gives his friends grief for doing it and he doesn't believe in doing it BUT I've never heard him say that he believes the government can get involved in the process. IMHO he believes that we should have the strength and conviction to police ourselves.

In addition to the example JohnM posted... here's another insight into Nugents f*** others rights and police mentality...

Nugent has had a Sheriff Deputy's badge since 1982, and recently assisted with federal raids, "kicking down doors and arresting people".

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/ted-nugent-off-his-rocker-479556.html

He had also been aggressively advocating the passage of national CCW for LEOs (apparently Ted is all for extending a right to a select group that us commoners can only wish for), something I was totally against then and still remain so,

FWIW... I signed up on "The Nuge" forum because I had read that uncle Ted had a huge hard-on for this bill. Myself and a few others were working diligently to convince Teds cheering section whom supported the bill that it was an insult and aberration to gun owners.

We actually succeed in changing a few minds and/or convinced others to rethink and go against the Motorcity madman's position. It didn't go over to well with the powers that be and I was booted after a couple of days. [smile]

l
I like how he also thumbed his nose to the government over the draft. Some people label him a draft-dodger. So Nugent also recognizes that the state should not be able to kidnap you and enslave you for it's wars or whatever it wants from you (this is also questionably constitutional given that there's an amendment that forbids slavery).

See my earlier remarks to mikem317

Anybody want to start a DRAFT 'NUGE FOR 2012 website ?

Draft Ted? Why... so he can shit himself again?

[devil] [pot]

Really? The image we portray to the public is an important tool in turning the general public to our side.

I don't give a flying f*** about the genuine gun-grabbers... they'll never change, however I don't see anything to be gained by providing them with any ammunition they can use against us.

Our best opportunities lie with the uncommitted/no opinion/middle-of-the-road voters... they're the ones we need to reach. They're the ones that make or break an election or ballot question. they're the ones we need to convince that law abiding gun owners are just like them and everyone else.

How many times (or how often), has the subject of "image" and how we portray ourselves and how we'll be received by the non-gun owning public been discussed here on NES? All too often we really can be our own worst enemies.

As does everyone else, unfortunately as gun owners, we can't afford that luxury; not right now with the current administration and with just how close we are to scoring some big victories down the road as a result of the Heller decision.

Yeah. It's worked wonders for us here in MA so far.

Yeah. It's worked wonders for us here in MA so far.

I agree... MA is a lost cause, but I wasn't confining my comments to apply to MA only.

There are still legislative issues to deal with on the national level and it
doesn't take very many bone heads to throw a monkey wrench into some of the progress we've made. Complicating the issue even more is that the media will always find a way to focus on the idiots and blow it out of proportion (just wait and see how the 2nd amendment march is going to go down [thinking]).

We can't win their hearts and minds when the cards are stacked against us, but why hand them the card they need? Especially in MA.

I don't think speaking the obvious is throwing a monkey wrench into any progress. I think compromise does. Keeping quiet and worrying about our image has gotten us into this mess. When you keep quiet, the only people who become the poster children for the 2nd A are the nutjobs that make the news.

Nugent isn't one of them. The anti's have been foaming at the mouth for years, and they've made headway.

I agree... MA is a lost cause, but I wasn't confining my comments to apply to MA only.

There are still legislative issues to deal with on the national level and it
doesn't take very many bone heads to throw a monkey wrench into some of the progress we've made. Complicating the issue even more is that the media will always find a way to focus on the idiots and blow it out of proportion (just wait and see how the 2nd amendment march is going to go down [thinking]).

We can't win their hearts and minds when the cards are stacked against us, but why hand them the card they need? Especially in MA.

Sadly,no matter how intelligent and well spoken we are the anti's will always paint us as potential homicidal maniacs.
We can only hope to convert those sitting on the fence but unfortunately the anti's have the MSM and billionaires backing them which makes it much harder to get our message out.

I don't think speaking the obvious is throwing a monkey wrench into any progress. I think compromise does. Keeping quiet and worrying about our image has gotten us into this mess. When you keep quiet, the only people who become the poster children for the 2nd A are the nutjobs that make the news.

Nugent isn't one of them. The anti's have been foaming at the mouth for years, and they've made headway.

Compromise?... Never, that I can agree on.

Keeping quiet?

There's keeping quiet and accept your fate, and then there's screaming obscenities in you opponents face.... neither works very well.

Myself... I prefer to fly under the radar/speak softly and carry a big stick. [smile]

No

Compromise?... Never, that I can agree on.

Keeping quiet?

There's keeping quiet and accept your fate, and then there's screaming obscenities in you opponents face.... neither works very well.

Myself... I prefer to fly under the radar/speak softly and carry a big stick. [smile]

Sorry, but your idea will simply not work. Flying under the radar
is going unnoticed. We need to be noticed and understood.

Its a right and not a priviledge, and the more noise we make the better.

Myself, i prefer to make all the noise i can without insults.

Ted is doing it his way and i applaud him for it. Simply we really
have a bunch of nitwits making decisions. Ted Kennedy's replies
to letters forum members have written have really been a big "f*** you
a**h*** i know better"

JimB

you guys aren't listening to him.

he is not saying "keep quiet and go under the radar."

he is saying "be vocal and loud about our issues, but not in a way that offends people who haven't even thought about it yet".

alot of people get taken aback to people yelling obscenities. I'm not one of those people, but those people are out there. and, alot of those people will take a side on a position based on how they feel about the person defending it.

someone could be saying all the things the Nuge says, dropping the obscenities, and do it in a polo shirt with cut hair, and it's going to win more people to our side.

I think he's a douche. he happens to be correct on 2nd stuff, but even a broken clock is right twice a day. and really, do you guys think that if he didn't happen to like machine guns that he'd give a shit about 2nd rights? the guy comes off as a selfish, arrogant douche, and if you can't see past the one part that he wins you over on, I'm sorry.

alot of people get taken aback to people yelling obscenities. I'm not one of those people, but those people are out there. and, alot of those people will take a side on a position based on how they feel about the person defending it.

I think you are confusing his behavior at one of his concerts with the way he acts during interviews. The concert is aimed at the audience that he is performing in front of and is just part of the act. I have not seen The Nuge shout obscenities during news interviews.

I think you are confusing his behavior at one of his concerts with the way he acts during interviews. The concert is aimed at the audience that he is performing in front of and is just part of the act. I have not seen The Nuge shout obscenities during news interviews.

Perhaps, but it doesn't matter. people are more likely to casually hear about him yelling the shit that he's qouted in post #34 than they are to catch one of the interviews he behaves in.

those of you who don't think our image is important to the outcome of this "fight" aren't living in reality.

He's awesome in that video because he makes the essential point that so many gun-rights people seem incapable of remembering:

The right of self defense is a human right. It's nice that we have it in the constitution, but that's not it's source.

Last edited:
He's awesome in that video because he makes the essential point that so many gun-rights people seem incapable of remembering:

The right of self defense is a human right. It's nice that we have it in the constitution, but that's not it's source.

This, I agree with.

Back
Top Bottom