Teachers Tackles Gunman at Colorado Middleschool

impossible. it's a gun free zone, how could the gun have made it past that sign?

but seriously major points for the teacher, he without a doubt saved lives.

There is literally no better way to sum up all of the hate and anger I have towards The General than those words.

Thanks.

+1 to you my good man.

I know, when you see those words in threads like this you realize how morally corrupt and sick that attitude really is.

Too bad the teacher wasnt allowed the means to gun that shi&bird down right then and there.
My wife is a teacher. The school recently discussed their "lockdown " procedures.
It is a joke.
If any children are stuck in the halls in harms way, the teachers are not allowed to let them into a locked -down room. They are supposed to let them fend for themselves and get gunned down.
Never mind that the rooms all have large windows on the outside walls and cheap doors that a 90 lb. weakling could kick in and wouldnt stop a .22 bullet.
Of course, the police say they will be there "in minutes".
Maybe so but a lot can happen in a few minutes.

When my wife suggested arming teachers she was instantly castigated and treated like she had three heads.

Too bad the teacher wasnt allowed the means to gun that shi&bird down right then and there.
My wife is a teacher. The school recently discussed their "lockdown " procedures.
It is a joke.
If any children are stuck in the halls in harms way, the teachers are not allowed to let them into a locked -down room. They are supposed to let them fend for themselves and get gunned down.
Never mind that the rooms all have large windows on the outside walls and cheap doors that a 90 lb. weakling could kick in and wouldnt stop a .22 bullet.

When my wife suggested arming teachers she was instantly castigated and treated like she had three heads.

They don't even trust themselves.

The educational institutions in this country are by-and-large pathetic for a multitude of reasons, but their thinking when it comes to school shootings is just beyond comprehension. Text message alert systems? Great, as if the guy in front of class shooting at me wasn't enough of a heads up, I now have a text message to inform me that there's a shooter on school grounds. Lockdown? Again, works for those where the shooter is not, but the kids trapped inside with him or her are all but sacrificed.

I've tried time and time again to talk to educators about this issue and they simply will not discuss it. It seems the issue boils down to liability. Letting teachers carry guns would inevitably lead to huge potential liability for the school, and nobody likes liability...

Makes me wonder...what are the odds that someone could sue a school system/university for wrongful death the next time there's a shooting? Particularly if one of the victims is a person who otherwise carries concealed.

Last edited:
impossible. it's a gun free zone, how could the gun have made it past that sign?

but seriously major points for the teacher, he without a doubt saved lives.
According to federal law, this nutjob should not have had any type of firearm or ammo to begin with. He had mental health issues (disqualifier under GCA 68) and a history of domestic violence (disqualifier under Lautenberg Act). But, like they say, laws are only for the law-abiding.

It is a joke.

No need at all to arm teachers...aren't they selling those bullet proof backpacks for kids nowadays?

Teacher is a hero. Teacher would be an even bigger hero if he'd snapped the mofo's neck in the process.

Great story! Only to be made better if it was a CCW who intervened. That guy can't be praised enough.

How come we never hear of any CCW's that "put down" shooters like this? I mean, really does it not happen? Sorry, just ranting. I realize this shooting was at a school where CCW is illegal most places. Just pisses me off that things like this can happen and yet still HOT ZONES are also the most common ANTI-CARRY zones.

It is a joke.

+1 to Kalahari's response to this too...

Compare the number of shootings on planes and shootings in schools...we have Air Marshall's but in schools we're locking innocent kids out of "safe" rooms???

Call me stupid, but it's high time the Principal's role evolved a bit. Train 'em and Arm 'em.

The problem with your wife is not her 3 heads, it's the overwhelming common sense in the idea she suggested. People can't handle that much reason and logic in a solution.

What's wrong with this country and protecting kids...we practically make them put on helmets to shake hands, take away toy guns, can't play outside anymore, give them umpteen vaccinations, slather them in antibacterial gel, shelter them from the outside world, but when it comes time to protect them from real danger the best we can offer is a sick game of musical chairs when bullets fly at a school? "Sorry Jonny, guess you shouldn't have gotten that hall pass...if you can't get your butt back to the room in time you'll have to stay in the hall for target practice."

A great quote from Batman's Joker..."this country needs an enema"

It is a joke.

Hmm. Sorry that happened to her. Response Options offers training to schools, but admittedly I'm not sure hopw well it would go over in MA.

http://www.responseoptions.com/

Anyone heard / have experience with them? They came up in a book I'm reading.

Last edited:
we're locking innocent kids out of "safe" rooms???

Call me stupid, but it's high time the Principal's role evolved a bit. Train 'em and Arm 'em.
We've gone right from "en loco parentis" to just "loco"...

Between these policies, zero tolerance and a "safe school czar" who is suggesting young children read graphic novels filled with pedophilia, group sex and other inappropriate material, our schools really have become a threat to the safety of our kids. I am always on the lookout for this sort of garbage in my local school and thankfully have yet to see any of it...

We've gone right from "en loco parentis" to just "loco"...

Between these policies, zero tolerance and a "safe school czar" who is suggesting young children read graphic novels filled with pedophilia, group sex and other inappropriate material, our schools really have become a threat to the safety of our kids. I am always on the lookout for this sort of garbage in my local school and thankfully have yet to see any of it...

"Safe Schools" has never been anything more than a cover for a radical pro-homosexual agenda. I saw a lot of eye-rolling a couple of years ago when I was talking about single-sex bathrooms in elementary schools. Have you seen the kind of "literature" that passes for Newbery Medal winners these days? Batten down the hatches. You ain't seen nuthin' yet ...

"Safe Schools" has never been anything more than a cover for a radical pro-homosexual agenda. I saw a lot of eye-rolling a couple of years ago when I was talking about single-sex bathrooms in elementary schools. Have you seen the kind of "literature" that passes for Newbery Medal winners these days? Batten down the hatches. You ain't seen nuthin' yet ...
Yeah I know... FWIW, I didn't mention the homosexual aspect of the pedophilia, group-sex and drug use glorified in some of that monster's reading list, because it doesn't matter - that crap shouldn't be on a suggested reading list even if it was hetero. It is vile crap regardless. I'm the opposite of a book burner, but we are talking about a suggested reading list that funnels them to these books that they would otherwise not hear about until they are more mature and able to handle the subject matter (and distinguish between acceptable behavior and the reprehensible garbage those books try to portray as "normal behavior" - again entirely independent of homosexuality as far as I am concerned).

I really, really, really don't give a hoot who sleeps with whom or what, that's your business, but don't try to suggest that elementary school kids having orgies in the bathroom is "normal".

How did he have the time to tackle the BG before the police responded? </sarc>

Being tackled while carrying out deadly assault in victim disarmament zones is not going to be much of a deterrent to the BGs. Being shot dead by the school janitor or lunch lady, for example, would be a deterrent.

Back
Top Bottom