Tactical Scopes

I have a brand new Savage .17 HMR with a tactical scope on it. Never saw or used one of these before.

I understand the basics of the elevation knob, you sight it in then remove the knob and replace it lining up the numbers with the correct zero point and then you can adjust it for the range. What is confusing the heck out of me is the right/left knob. This one as well has numbers on it and on the scope ring base. I have no explanation of what these are possilby used for or how to use them. I would assume it has something to do with wind speed but that assumption does nothing to instruct usage of.

Any help would be appreciated.

What is confusing the heck out of me is the right/left knob. This one as well has numbers on it and on the scope ring base. I have no explanation of what these are possilby used for or how to use them. I would assume it has something to do with wind speed but that assumption does nothing to instruct usage of.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, it is a windage adjustment. If you limit your shooting to 50 yards or less, you won't need it. If you want to be an accurate shooter at 100 yards or more with a rimfire, you are going to have to learn the effects of wind on a 17 HMR at various distances and use the windage knob as required.

It can't be explained here. You will either have to figure it out yourself or get with a competitive shooter who understands these things.

Back
Top Bottom