Tactical Development Group: Basic Trauma Managment for Shooters Aug 13

Lewitt

Instructor
BTMS: Basic Trauma Management for Shooters

Trauma is the number one killer of human beings worldwide. Trauma management is a critical lifesaving skill and requires as much attention as every other part of your training as a warrior. Whether the result of armed violence, a negligent discharge, or a natural disaster, there are a predictable and set of life-threatening injuries you’re likely to face. This program teaches a simple and methodical approach to managing the deadliest wounds quickly, with limited resources, at the Point Of Injury.

Designed to meet the needs of all armed professionals, range safety officers, and responsibly armed citizens, BTMS provides critical training in addressing the natural end-point of violence; a life-threatening traumatic injury. You will learn to use several styles of commercial tourniquets, chest seals, and get the most up to date training on hemostatic agents such as Quick Clot, Celox, and HEMCON.
This 1 day course covers the kinematics of traumatic injuries, their effects on the human body, and how to manage those injuries in the field. We will concentrate on finding and treating the deadliest injuries first, identifying and handling tactical concerns during all phases of action, and Shock-Proofing the victim before EMS arrives.

• History of Tactical EMS: Thermopylae to Afghanistan
• Recognition of life threatening injuries
• The Anatomy and Physiology of Trauma
• Re-Learning your ABC’s: How Airway-Breathing-Circulation has changed
• Shock-Proofing
• Estimating Blood Loss in the Field
• Direct Pressure: Old Reliable
• Proper application of Tourniquets (1 and 2 handed)
• The 2011 Hemostatic Briefing
• The Sucking Chest Wound: Recognition and Treatment
• Application of Chest Seals
• Airway Compromise and Field Expedient Treatment
• Recognition of impending respiratory collapse
• Choosing and Stocking an IFAK: What you need to know
• The Tactical Algorithm: Trauma Management Under Fire

This class will emphasize the tactical mindset and hands on practical skills. Scenarios will be performed with airsoft and medical simulators.

This course will be hosted by American Firearms School in North Attleboro Mass and will run from9-5. The cost is 150.00 and we will be giving door prizes and swag from our sponsors. Contact AFS to register!

http://www.americanfirearmsschool.com/

Tactical Development Group
http://www.WayOfTheGun.com
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Tactical-Development-Group/161020453920151

Just wanted to take a minute to invite everyone to the course. We'll be offering some pretty steep discounts on gear and handing out some swag from our sponsors.

Gear for sale will include:

NARP and Paraclete IFAK's, TQT's (CAT and SOF), Hemostatics, and Chest Seals, all below cost. This is a great time to come out and pick up gear for your blow out kit or IFAK.

Give-Away's from Rescue-Essentials.Com will include a SAM splint, CELOX or QuickClot combat gauze, a TQT, and a Chest Seal.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested or just contact AFS directly.

Hope to see you there!

Bill Lewitt
Paramedic, RN
Lead Medical Instructor
Tactical Development Group

I look forward to meeting up with everyone! I'm looking at adding some more dates at the Harvard club and maybe a repeat at AFS. I will advise when I have more info.

Lewitt

Back
Top Bottom