• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suspend the weapons transfer..

I think instead of suspending the weapons transfer, there should be open bidding by any American on this stuff. Police department wants a new armored vehicle with a mounted 30 cal? That's fine, but they'll have to bid against every other person in America who wants one. I think the solutions to problems we face from our government will be found by removing bans, not by instituting new ones. Example - I am tired of going to events (football games etc) where I am not allowed to be armed, but swat teams with auto M4s and bullet proof vests are wandering around. Solution? Ban M4s? No, allow everyone to wander around with fully auto M4s. Problem solved.

Either...

1) Allow citizens to fully partake in the program and purchase the same equipment

Or...

2) Suspend the transfers and require the return or destruction of said equipment if obtained through
grant money.

Of course, neither one will ever happen.

Example - I am tired of going to events (football games etc) where I am not allowed to be armed, but swat teams with auto M4s and bullet proof vests are wandering around. Solution? Ban M4s? No, allow everyone to wander around with fully auto M4s. Problem solved.

Bad example, as that is an outcome of the property/venue owner and related parties, not really a government issue, unless the government is making these event permits or whatever contingent upon adding police presence to them.

-Mike

Bad example, as that is an outcome of the property/venue owner and related parties, not really a government issue, unless the government is making these event permits or whatever contingent upon adding police presence to them.

-Mike

I'm pretty sure I can't carry an M4, even a semi-auto one, openly in this state regardless of the venue.

To clarify - I don't really care about private property owners making their own rules. That's great. I care about police being able to be armed in ways I'm not allowed to be.

Considering what is going on at the Southern boarder, ISIS and other things I think it should not be suspended unless you want Fed Homeland goons being the only ones with the gear.

Considering what is going on at the Southern boarder, ISIS and other things I think it should not be suspended unless you want Fed Homeland goons being the only ones with the gear.

Same reasoning can be applied to allow non-LEO's to posses full-auto firearms without paying tens of thousands. Remove the NFA restrictions on law abiding citizens.

(outing self)
I'm with Mike, regardless of the events in Ferguson and various internet news stories, I'm still pro-cop, this program doesn't bother me.

---says the middle aged rich white guy with no arrest record lots of guns and ammo [smile]

I don't really care what the police have or do not have. But don't tell me I cannot own an AR15 because it was designed for the battlefield when they are being supplied APC's and the like which are also designed for the battlefield which is not here in America. So drop the hypocrisy and let me own what I can afford to own.

I think instead of suspending the weapons transfer, there should be open bidding by any American on this stuff. Police department wants a new armored vehicle with a mounted 30 cal? That's fine, but they'll have to bid against every other person in America who wants one. I think the solutions to problems we face from our government will be found by removing bans, not by instituting new ones. Example - I am tired of going to events (football games etc) where I am not allowed to be armed, but swat teams with auto M4s and bullet proof vests are wandering around. Solution? Ban M4s? No, allow everyone to wander around with fully auto M4s. Problem solved.
/agree!!
Ergo the second amendment as it was intended. The people should be as armed as the .gov, if they so choose.

StevensMarksman

I keep forgetting, are we at war with Eastasia or Eurasia now?

People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.- Ben Franklin, source: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin

When the left starts discussing "demilitarizing the police" it is not for the love of freedom, but it is seen as a problem to be overcome before they can be successful. They do not want to disarm America for its own good. They want to disarm America, not just Americans.

One of the western congressmen put in a bill to do just that- he also included the demilitarization of the various federal agencies that went all commando after the patriot act- EPA, IRS, etc. that were doing no-knocks for late tuition, of all things.

I'll see if I can't dig it up. Think i saved it on my timeline.

Back
Top Bottom