Survival Shooting Techniques

Knob Creek

NES Member
Somewhat dated but gives an insight on what LEO's in Texas were trained in.

'Produced with the aid of multiple police departments, this film was created to teach law enforcement officers proper gun-fighting techniques. Framed by testimonials from both prisoners and police officers, "Survival Shooting Techniques" takes viewers through extreme scenarios designed to stress the importance of having a plan, anticipating danger, using cover, exploiting the element of surprise, and relying on proper training. Police officers demonstrate the do's and don'ts of firefights in a variety of settings including public streets, dark alleys, warehouses, and apartment complex. Viewers should be forewarned that, as a realistic training tool, this film includes graphic content and adult language. '

Survival Shooting Techniques (1979) (Restoration)

Wow. Vintage!

I prefer JJ Bittenbinder

(Ignore the stupid animation. I recall things like this back in the 70's in grade school.)

LOL. I've got my grandfather's blackjack in a drawer at home. We'd play with that thing all the time as kids. The only thing of his that I got, I think. Maybe some old photos.

My grandfather was a hellion back in his day. Joined the army in Nov of 1941. That's right. He was in Basic when Pearl Harbor happened. Did his 4+ years and got out. Cycled out through Myles Standish (now an industrial park) in Taunton. Went back to drinking in Southie bars. Hung out with Specksy (Specky) O'Keefe - of the Brinks Job.

That was all well before my time - and before he married my grandmother. He mellowed out. Love that thing. STREETSMARTS!

Back
Top Bottom