Suppressed GSG 1911

I have the gun, just need to talk myself into paying for a can.

It infuriates me that if not for NFA causing market scarcity, products that sell for $200-600+ would be no more than $150.

It's my quietest host. I love the gun.

28m1e1h.jpg

I have the gun, just need to talk myself into paying for a can.

It infuriates me that if not for NFA causing market scarcity, products that sell for $200-600+ would be no more than $150.

Scarce? I am in way out Maine and I can drive less the 2 hours and go to 4 different shops with plenty in stock. Suppressors are made on expensive machines and R&D ain't cheap. That said you can make you're own fairly easy almost the same paperwork.. Of course if you find a local class 2 sot chances are they make a sell a 22 suppressor for 200 bucks or under..

Yes, scarce.

If not for the NFA, they would be hanging on pegboards at Wal Mart next to the $29 red dots.

Sure there would be. Of course they would be junk. In places around the globe where they are legal to sell over the counter they are cheap and far below the quality and performance we have here. If anything the NFA has given us better quality as those making them know the expense and time involved means people want a QUALITY EFFECTIVE suppressor. To make these as stated you need R&D then very expensive machines and lots of QC at every point of manufacture. The fact is you can buy a stamp and make you're own 5 dollar suppressor. You can buy a cheap one. I buy quality and they last. I have suppressors with many many thousands of rounds through them that sound as good as when they 're where new. Please go to the UK and try that with a OTC model they sell and see what you get. By you're logic firearms being legal should be FAR cheaper then they are. Engines and every other Machine made item should be cheap.

If they where for sale at walmart they would still be expensive and locked in a case.

A suppressor is not technologically challenging. Manufacturing them is apprentice level machine work, especially compared to the guns where they'll reside. If not for the NFA's interference in the market, there is no way on earth cans would cost as much as mid-grade guns.

The availability of cheap alternatives doesn't mean the end of higher end guns, cars, stereos, or anything else. For those who demand excellence and the latest in materials and coatings, there is always a market -- and even high end buyers would automatically save $200, leaving that much more money to spend on either quality, or quantity.

A suppressor is not technologically challenging. Manufacturing them is apprentice level machine work, especially compared to the guns where they'll reside.

Interesting view. However having seen a few made and what is required to do so I disagree. The machines required are the same for both. The tolerances for rifle suppressors are tighter then the majority of firearms. Again look to the places where you can buy them over the counter NZ and the UK for example take the BEST one they sell and put it up to the best made in the USA the difference is like comparing a match lock to a ar15. You theory is interesting but it has simply not played out that way where the market is open to do so.

Do not get me wrong here I am NOT in favor the NFA act or any law governing firearms at all the gov IMHO shoudl have ZERO role in any of it.

Back
Top Bottom