Success Story

So, I was talking to a guy I went to college with and told him I was waiting on my AR to come in. He's always gotten on my case about guns and being rednecky and dangerous.

I asked him why guns were dangerous and told him the story of a guy robbing a bank with a hammer, if people don't have a gun they will find other means, guns just happen to be popular.

I explained that a gang member isn't going to suddenly hand over his gun to the police because now he's required to have a LTC but it will make it hard for decent law abiding folks to buy guns for protection and sporting.

He asked so how is a gun going to save your life? I replied well, if somebody is attacking you, threatening your life etc. you draw, fire two shots and call 911 to say "I need an ambulance at the corner of bad st. and guy ave. I was being attacked and fired twice, the guy is now on the ground" and wait for authorities to arrive.

He seemed to think it made sense, and I invited him to come up and shoot with me once I get my guns and he said of course he'd come shoot.

:)

good on you, but I would never actually say on record that I shot somebody. Better off to say, "shots have been fired, please send medical assistance"

My Sister-in-law asked me the same question Saturday night (my brother likes shooting and he's like me. OCC once he gets involved by stock in gun co.'s and ammo co.'s) But she is anti gun. I asked her if bad people where in your new Mcmansion threatening you harm what is the best time you could expect help from the Police, given the chance you can call 911 or your alarm system worked the way it should. We agreed on best case scenario 6 minutes.

I asked her what could happen in 6 minutes and if you survived would you be the same afterwards?

6 minutes is a LONG time if bad people are doing bad things. Hell 6 seconds is a LONG time....

I am responsible for me/family, I work for me/family, I will protect me/family!

Wake up to the sound of shattered glass.

Quickly locate cell phone and handgun, call 911

"911, What is the Emergency?"

"Someone has broken into my house, I'm at ## <Name> Street, please send an ambulance"

"An Ambulance? Is someone hurt?"

"By the time you get here, most likely"

With handgun and phone in hand, make the way to the 12ga shotgun and proceed with sweep of the house. - The purpose of a handgun is to fight your way back to your rifle.

Wake up to the sound of shattered glass.

Quickly locate cell phone and handgun, call 911

"911, What is the Emergency?"

"Someone has broken into my house, I'm at ## <Name> Street, please send an ambulance"

"An Ambulance? Is someone hurt?"

"By the time you get here, most likely"

With handgun and phone in hand, make the way to the 12ga shotgun and proceed with sweep of the house. - The purpose of a handgun is to fight your way back to your rifle.
ahahaha [rofl][laugh2]

My Sister-in-law asked me the same question Saturday night (my brother likes shooting and he's like me. OCC once he gets involved by stock in gun co.'s and ammo co.'s) But she is anti gun. I asked her if bad people where in your new Mcmansion threatening you harm what is the best time you could expect help from the Police, given the chance you can call 911 or your alarm system worked the way it should. We agreed on best case scenario 6 minutes.

I asked her what could happen in 6 minutes and if you survived would you be the same afterwards?

6 minutes is a LONG time if bad people are doing bad things. Hell 6 seconds is a LONG time....

I am responsible for me/family, I work for me/family, I will protect me/family!

I have said the same thing myself many times.

Also as a side note - what the hell is OCC ?? I googled, I asked, I pondered, I give up and it's driving me nuts. Man I hope this isn't something obvious and then I look like an idiot[smile].

Back
Top Bottom