• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sub 2000 with non-resident ltc A.

So I have a non resident class A. Am I able to have a AR pistol and or sub 2000 under my back seat in my truck? And would I be able to have a 30 round mag with it. Btw I have a storage compartment under the seat.

Thanks and glad I found this forum!!!

So I have a non resident class A. Am I able to have a AR pistol and or sub 2000 under my back seat in my truck? And would I be able to have a 30 round mag with it. Btw I have a storage compartment under the seat.

Thanks and glad I found this forum!!!
If you referring to a MA non-resident then you run into issues with the AWB for AR pistols before even considering vehicle carry. But if it is going to be in the vehicle and not secured in the trunk (and not on your person) it must be in a locked/secured container unloaded. I am unsure if they are more strict on nonresident though in and of itself.
Edit(missed second part): The magazine would have to be preban otherwise magazine limitations.

Last edited:
So the container is lockable under the rear seat. The gun wouldn’t be loaded but would have some Mags with it. All would be pre ban for sure. What does the sub 2000 fall under? Awb?

So the container is lockable under the rear seat. The gun wouldn’t be loaded but would have some Mags with it. All would be pre ban for sure. What does the sub 2000 fall under? Awb?
It all falls under AWB, but is not prohibited as a carbine as long as it doesn't exceed max on the "Evil Features List" You are fine. The AR pistol has to deal with the pistol regulations from the AWB which are insane on weight restrictions, barrel shrouds and the works.

Back
Top Bottom