Sticker shock!

I picked up some powder today. Man have prices gone up! A 1lb can of H335 that was 16.40 45 days ago is 19.30 now, almost $3.00 a pound!!
An 8lb can of IMR4064 was $148.00, 20.00 higher. They had no bulk to speak of. At least I can use the 4064 in every Rifle cartridge I reload for. It should yeild just over 1250+- cartridges on average for medium cartridges(.308,8x57). It is getting tough out there!

While you are there can you price the 2520 and 2230 powder? Can you
also find out what powder they stock in larger jugs (4lb & 8lb)? Thanks.

I asked which powders they had in 4 and 8lb, I was told they are not doing that(would not answer question). Ask for the powders you want and they will look. No 4lb.ers at all. What brand of powders? Accurate? Unique I did look at, $19.40. Seems pretty steady price and brand wise. After talking to guys in the midwest, I'm going back for more powder and primers.

If they can find primers and powder they are high. Powder is $25.00 average now. Primers are non existant. These guys are from Missouri, Okla., Colorado, and Texas. A couple guys in Va. said the same thing.

Update!!!

I was at Rileys today. Bought the last can of H335, the last brick of CCI Sm Rifle primers and second to last large rifle primer. They have no idea when they may recieve more. They had 1 pound of Varget left!

I was at Rileys today. Bought the last can of H335, the last brick of CCI Sm Rifle primers and second to last large rifle primer. They have no idea when they may recieve more. They had 1 pound of Varget left!

You know if they had any Win Large Pistol or Win Small Pistol there?

-Mike

You know if they had any Win Large Pistol or Win Small Pistol there?

-Mike

Plenty of Winchester, but I guess it is relitive to how many folks like me stopped in. To answer the question on Accurate powders. They have pounders only. Most of the powders in IMR, Hodgdon... seem to be the slower burn rate stuff.
They had 15 cans of 4831. I do believe they had a 8lb W748 sitting behind the counter.

Plenty of Winchester, but I guess it is relitive to how many folks like me stopped in. To answer the question on Accurate powders. They have pounders only. Most of the powders in IMR, Hodgdon... seem to be the slower burn rate stuff.
They had 15 cans of 4831. I do believe they had a 8lb W748 sitting behind the counter.

I went up there Saturday, no WLP to be found, so I bought some Federals LP instead. The guy who helped me out says he hasn't seen WLP in forever, still backordered. They had WSPs though so I got some of
those.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom