• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steve Rinella coming to Boston. Tickets on sale today.

whacko

NES Member
Steve Rinella (meat eater podcast and Netflix show) will be in Boston in May. Details here

I heard that this AM on his podcast.

I love his folksy demeanor, but the guy is truly a knucklehead. LOL. He's not that bright.

I try to avoid crowds and I dislike Boston. I'll have to pass. They have a funny show, but I'm gonna pass.

He might have Bernie or Lizzie there. Just sayin. ;)

I heard that this AM on his podcast.

I love his folksy demeanor, but the guy is truly a knucklehead. LOL. He's not that bright.

I try to avoid crowds and I dislike Boston. I'll have to pass. They have a funny show, but I'm gonna pass.

He might have Bernie or Lizzie there. Just sayin. ;)
I like his show. I like that he promotes access to public lands. I like that his hunting show is not just a long commercial selling ammo....clothes....and other hunting crap. I like that he's not shooting high fence game and acting as if he hunted it with his skill. He even has episodes aired when he failed to harvest.....which is what regular hunters experience.

Some of the best hunters I know are knuckleheads too lol. That's what makes his show entertaining.

As far as his politics d or r I've never heard him discuss it honestly.

I got tickets for me and my son. We will have a good time.

Last edited:
He's a hoot to listen to. I was listening to the one with the guy from the History Channel secrets show or whatever a few weeks ago. Guy is a published author. The guy says a word. He said it 100% correct. Steve decides to CORRECT him and pronounce it 100% wrong.

I laughed my ass off. He mispronounces words he can't spell at least 3x an episode. That's what I mean about him being a knucklehead. But he's the only 2+ hour podcast I can listen to. He's mostly quiet about his politics (I've quit many podcasts b/c I don't want to hear that crap) and doesn't get into why his wife made him oatmeal instead of eggs this AM or any other topic that Howard or Carolla would get into. It's 100% hunting with a smattering of fishing.

Although last week, I was amazed at how much of an uplander he is that he didn't understand wind and tide on fish when they were talking catching redfish. ????? I also have no idea how to stalk most game. So there's that. It was just odd to me - I thought those were instinctive hunting/fishing things. Regional. My mistake. LOL

Oh, one thing that just grates on me a bit - not enough to stop listening: I bet he TALKS about drinking on the show more than he drinks. Because he talks about it A LOT. Like, let it go, Steve. He's like a 14yo with the "That's what she said" joke. LOL

I'm a fan.
I have most of his books; I thought the one about the American Bison was very good.
I like the focus on maximizing use of the animal, cooking good food and living an outdoor family lifestyle.
Steve may be a bit of a knuckle head at times, but he turned his freelance outdoor writing gig into a multi-million dollar media conglomerate.
Makes his living hunting, fishing, trapping and finding ways to share that with people.
And all that free gear from his sponsors..................!

He's a hoot to listen to. I was listening to the one with the guy from the History Channel secrets show or whatever a few weeks ago. Guy is a published author. The guy says a word. He said it 100% correct. Steve decides to CORRECT him and pronounce it 100% wrong.

I laughed my ass off. He mispronounces words he can't spell at least 3x an episode. That's what I mean about him being a knucklehead. But he's the only 2+ hour podcast I can listen to. He's mostly quiet about his politics (I've quit many podcasts b/c I don't want to hear that crap) and doesn't get into why his wife made him oatmeal instead of eggs this AM or any other topic that Howard or Carolla would get into. It's 100% hunting with a smattering of fishing.

Although last week, I was amazed at how much of an uplander he is that he didn't understand wind and tide on fish when they were talking catching redfish. ????? I also have no idea how to stalk most game. So there's that. It was just odd to me - I thought those were instinctive hunting/fishing things. Regional. My mistake. LOL

Oh, one thing that just grates on me a bit - not enough to stop listening: I bet he TALKS about drinking on the show more than he drinks. Because he talks about it A LOT. Like, let it go, Steve. He's like a 14yo with the "That's what she said" joke. LOL
His podcasts are like listening to a small group of buddies that are always busting balls and making everyone laugh.......with a smidge of good hunting and conservation info splattered in from time to time. He's a riot.

Never heard of him....
This will give you a little insight. He's professional......and an embassador for public land access. He can make solid points......with clarity......then turn on a dime to humor as you'll see in the video.

He's also a hunter that refers to good vantage points to scout for game with binos as "glassin tits" aka hilltops..... so.....he's a regular dude and fun to hear.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2N0Utg7KYE

Last edited:
Huge fanboy. Just got the VIP package, after asking for permission from the wife for once, for just over 2 bills. I don't
go to many events so decided to splurge. That being said I like the show and podcast. More of a shooter than hunter so I thought
of hunting as a adventure with a rifle. He's pretty funny, knowledgeable , and a little self deprecating. Some of the podcast are duds (two
hours of turkey calls) but for the most part a great way spend time while commuting, mowing, raking.....

Ya, I was going to snag the last 2 VIP tix but with the fees attached just couldn't pull the trigger.
I would have enjoyed the book signing and meeting Yanis and Cal....
Bought 2 tix for me and a buddy,they're going fast. Plan to have a good meal, couple drinks and then go watch the live chat...
Nice to see he can sell out a show even in the northeast.

“Things change. republicans used to be about free trade. Now they aren’t.” That’s a DNC soundbite. As I said, he’s a knucklehead.

Huge fanboy. Just got the VIP package, after asking for permission from the wife for once, for just over 2 bills. I don't
go to many events so decided to splurge. That being said I like the show and podcast. More of a shooter than hunter so I thought
of hunting as a adventure with a rifle. He's pretty funny, knowledgeable , and a little self deprecating. Some of the podcast are duds (two
hours of turkey calls) but for the most part a great way spend time while commuting, mowing, raking.....
My wife tried to buy us the VIP package but when she logged in when the sale started they were not showing. After she bought the regular sweats (3rd row so not bad) the VIP Tix were showing. She was pissed but it is what it is.

My wife tried to buy us the VIP package but when she logged in when the sale started they were not showing. After she bought the regular sweats (3rd row so not bad) the VIP Tix were showing. She was pissed but it is what it is.

Did you try the promo code MUGS. Too late now but that is what I did.

Like @Dennis in MA my distaste for crowds and Boston will keep me away from the event (or any event), but he is one of two hunting related shows I enjoy (Randy Newberg is the other). What makes Steve's shows so enjoyable for me is it not all about the kill. He does a nice job of capturing the essence of hunting on film. The pursuit, preparation of the killed animal and finally turning it into a flavorful meal. He gets it. It is not about a trophy.

Like @Dennis in MA my distaste for crowds and Boston will keep me away from the event (or any event), but he is one of two hunting related shows I enjoy (Randy Newberg is the other). What makes Steve's shows so enjoyable for me is it not all about the kill. He does a nice job of capturing the essence of hunting on film. The pursuit, preparation of the killed animal and finally turning it into a flavorful meal. He gets it. It is not about a trophy.
One of my favorite quotes of his on deer hunting

"When the going gets tough.....the weak....do a deer drive".....then he commences to doing a deer drive lol

He's just a regular dude that has made it big by.....being a regular dude.

One of my favorite cohorts of his is Kevin murphy.....the small game hunter from KY. That dude is a riot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom