Steel Challenge @ the Hartford Gun Club 7/15/06

PMD

Anyone going to the Steel Challenge Shooting Association match at the Hartford Gun Club on Saturday July 15, 2006?

Looks like they'll have five SC stages..
Paul

Way too far for me to travel. Saturday going through Hartford is a B***H

Never shot steel there and have no idea how it will be set up. Saw Harry at a Pioneer steel match and He seemed to have fun so he got the club to spring for the day and ZMAN and (don't remember the name) to set it up. (I think they set up in Pelham last year or the year before)

Have fun if you go.

Round Gun Shooter said:
have no idea how it will be set up.

Here's some more I got in an e-mail:

SCSA At HGC Saturday July 15, 2006

Don't miss the Steel Challenge Shooting Association match at the Hartford Gun Club on Saturday July 15, 2006. Registration is 8:30 AM to 12:00 Noon, unsquadded. This is a bona fide, five-stage steel challenge match with Smoke & Hope, 5-To-Go and other official stages. No plate racks or made up stages.

We are shooting all recognized SCSA divisions except Single Action Revolver (no cowboy guns). You can enter as many divisions as you want but can only shoot two guns in succession on a stage. Match fee is $20 per entry, no payback, bragging rights only.

PMD said:
Here's some more I got in an e-mail:

SCSA At HGC Saturday July 15, 2006

Don't miss the Steel Challenge Shooting Association match at the Hartford Gun Club on Saturday July 15, 2006. Registration is 8:30 AM to 12:00 Noon, unsquadded. This is a bona fide, five-stage steel challenge match with Smoke & Hope, 5-To-Go and other official stages. No plate racks or made up stages.

We are shooting all recognized SCSA divisions except Single Action Revolver (no cowboy guns). You can enter as many divisions as you want but can only shoot two guns in succession on a stage. Match fee is $20 per entry, no payback, bragging rights only.

Thanks Paul. Still too far to drive from here this time of year.

Good luck

Round Gun Shooter said:
Way too far for me to travel. Saturday going through Hartford is a B***H

Never shot steel there and have no idea how it will be set up. Saw Harry at a Pioneer steel match and He seemed to have fun so he got the club to spring for the day and ZMAN and (don't remember the name) to set it up. (I think they set up in Pelham last year or the year before)

Have fun if you go.

Gary,
The way I got to the Hartford club, was out on the Pike, to 291, to 91 south. Didn't have to go through Hartford at all.
Z man is Al Zitta. Last year the steel match was at Harvard in April...soggy, cold, raw day. I had trouble feeling my hands towards the end of my match. I do think Pelham ran it the year before that.

Dan S said:
Gary,

Z man is Al Zitta. .

I knew that, The other name I was trying to think of was Bob somebody. They went in on the steel together IIRC.

As for the drive, coming from the Cape and getting back here on Saturday is pretty tough, By the time I drive the three hours up, knees are so tight I can hardly walk. Shoot the stages in an hour and drive back another three.

Hartford is just not a good trip for me.

I remember last year now, Anthony's boys painted the steel. Worked out real well.

Oh well, I have to get nback out into the heat and work :(

Regards,

Gary

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom