• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Steel Challenge Match - Chester, NH - May 7th 2017

Chester Rod and Gun Club, 99 Rod and Gun Club Rd, Chester, NH 03036 is hosting a Steel Challenge Match on Sunday May7th, 2017.

On-site registration opens at 9:30 AM and closes at around 11 AM. Shooting begins at 10:00 AM, with open squadding. The match fee is $20. You may shoot in a second division for $10. The stages that will be run are:

smoke_and_hope
accelerator
roundabout
speed_option
pendulum

You can pre-register for the match here: https://practiscore.com/crgc-steel-challenge-match-5-7-17/register. Further match details are available on the pre-registration page.

Please consider pre-registering, even if you're not 100% sure if you're coming, it makes scoring set up much easier and we can easily remove shooters that don't show. All match fees are paid on-site.

There should be food available during the match.

Edit: Updated start time - 10AM
Edit2: Had a question about PCC, yes we run that division.

Last edited:
Any other NESers planning on going to this? I've never been to Chester before but it looks like good shooting weather for Sunday....

Was a great event. I was there scoring and seemed like everyone had a good time. I'll have to get up the nerve to compete next time. :)

Thanks to everyone that came out today, here is a link to the results on practiscore:

https://practiscore.com/results/html/00191ade-bc51-417b-9829-4f47700d79f3

I think we had a great match and special thanks to everyone that helped out. Also having food onsite was a big plus (at least for me). For next time I'll work on getting the onsite reg a little smoother next time, unfortunately we only had me so things got a little backed up. Also we'll make sure all the stages are to spec next time - someone missed the bright orange paint I put on the ground so roundabout was a little more round.

Finally I have an idea for helping with keeping the order correct as participants come up to each stage, without going to squad format, which I feel might slow things down for us (and tough to do with a staggered start).

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom