Star B range report

SKS Ray

NES Member
I shot my Star B yesterday using the cheapie Remington 9mm I got from Dick's. I couldn't really judge accuracy because I was basically blasting at 50 yards since people we're shooting full auto rifles at the 25 yard pistol range.[rolleyes]
Being re-arsenaled I can only believe what my friend who was shooting his for the first time too said... they'll get smoother and better as we shoot them more. I can't imagine them being any smoother because these things shot and functioned like proven military pistols with rapid fire being completely reliable. Slow fire had a few extraction problems here and there and a one time feed problem for me, but I could blast away 8 rounds in rapid fire and double taps with no problems what so ever.
I'll rate these as a good buy even at the $300 price tag.[wink]

Star.jpg

How's the trigger? They look so much like a 1911 one forgets the fire control group is nothing like it. They have a pivoting trigger.

-=chuck

How's the trigger? They look so much like a 1911 one forgets the fire control group is nothing like it. They have a pivoting trigger.

-=chuck

I like it. Much smoother than the long pull my CZ82 has. I don't have a lot of experience in pistol triggers but its probably one of the best out of all my milsurp pistols.

Hmm, interested. But I can't find a C&R importer, who deal with an MA FFL03 holder, who has any. If someone does, please PM, thanks.

cheers,
Chuck

Last edited:
Sounds like someone ordered one.[wink]

Maybe! [smile]

I started a post about whether the get the Star B or the CZ-82 and I was still on the fence until this morning. I figured on the way to work I would call and find out what they had more of. I'm glad I did. The person I talked to said the Stars were moving quick and they had less then 100 left. He also indicated they had enough of the 82s to last for some time. My decision became a quick no brainer. I'm glad to hear your's functions as smooth as it does. I can't wait for that UPS truck to show up tomorrow.

Star B

I received my Star B earlier this week and after I removed the 5 pounds of cosmoline, ya gotta love that stuff, I found a nicely marked pistol, original wood grips, and a perfect bore. I then went to the range to try out my new baby. It does not like reloads loaded on the light side but with factory ammo it functioned perfectly. It has a VERY smooth trigger, far better than most new Mass OK M+P's. It is a fine milsurp pistol. If you have a chance to buy one .....DO IT. Also there are replacement parts out there but they are getting few and far between. I have some web sites for those interested( just pm me for the list). Numrich gun parts has Spanish made walnut grips etc. Yes I bought a set!!![smile]I bought an extra spring set and firing pin just in case. Overall its a fine pistol. Also it is accurate, at least the one I received . [wink]

Last edited:
I had no idea how much grips were for the Star B.[shocked]
Mine came with plastic grips and I searched high and low for wood ones. I wound up buying a set off e bay from a custom maker. Beautiful wood grain and about the same as what the originals are going for. I'll post a pic when I get them.

I had no idea how much grips were for the Star B.[shocked]
Mine came with plastic grips and I searched high and low for wood ones. I wound up buying a set off e bay from a custom maker. Beautiful wood grain and about the same as what the originals are going for. I'll post a pic when I get them.

I was looking at the grips on Ebay and was not sure if the ones they had would fit the Star B. They say they do, but the pics do not show the relief in the bottom of one grip for the lanyard extension. Without seeing the notch, I was figuring I'd have to put it in there myself, which would probably be a bad thing.

Grips

Numrich has walnut grips made in Spain for $22. I bought a set. They are correct for the pistol. They look great[smile]

Star-B showed up from my friends in the big brown truck. Gotta love those guys. I'll be hitting the range this weekend to see how it functions. I took some recommendations off this post to clean up the grips and they are looking a little better. Still may get a new pair for them though. Will have to decide after the trip to the range.

Star.jpg

hint

Just an FYI for all of you folks who are enjoying or about to enjoy your Star B. Take the mag release screw out and put some lock tight on it. They tend to loosen easily and the next thing you know you will be searching the range for a small screw[sad]. No I did not find out the hard way!!! I read it on another forum and as soon as I checked mine ....yup you guessed it ...it was loose.

I found after I fired a few hundred rounds the trigger really settled in. If yours is anything like mine you will be very happy with the accuracy.

I bought a set of new grips. I like the originals better. Sold the new ones on Gun broker for twice what I paid. Parts are getting hard to find so I suggest you buy some extra springs and firing pin...Or just buy another Star B[smile] I like option 2 myself. Ordered my second yesterday[smile]

Back
Top Bottom