Spring 2008 NRA Instructor Training Classes

KMaurer

NES Member
Several people have asked me about getting certified as NRA instructors, but I've put it off until after the holiday insanity. No that that's over, I'd like to start making some plans instead of waiting until it's too late for some people. I'm planning on three separate classes, all of which will tentatively be at the Westford Sportsmen's Club.

1) Basic Pistol and Home Firearm Safety
This is the same one I've done here previously. It's a three-day course that doesn't have any prerequisites other than knowing safe gun handling, being at least a mediocre shot, and patience. Previously we've done it on a Saturday and the following Saturday and Sunday. If it works better for people I'm considering doing three consecutive Saturdays this time. Both Basic Pistol (10 hours) and Home Firearm Safety (4 hours) are approved for the LTC training requirement. Cost will be $300 ($275 for NES members).

2) Personal Protection in the Home
This is a two-day course for those already certified as Basic Pistol instructors (including those who take the above class). Candidates need to have at least a basic knowledge of defensive pistol shooting before taking the course. We'll do this one either on two consecutive Saturdays on on a Saturday-Sunday. I haven't set the cost yet, but it will probably be about $250($200).

3) Personal Protection Outside the Home
The last one is the NRA's latest course, designed as an introduction to actual defensive pistol shooting. Candidates need to have a reasonably good grasp of defensive pistol shooting, and be certified for both Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home. This one will take four days. During the first two days, candidates will experience the course itself, and then spend two days going through the instructor portion, including practice teaching all the drills from the course. This will most likely be two consecutive weekends, but I'm open to your needs. Cost for this one is still being determined, but will probably be around $400($350).

If you're interested, please PM or EMail me to let me know which class or classes you're interested in, how soon you'd like to start and what dates you prefer, and whether you prefer the all Saturday or Saturday/Sunday schedule. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask here, since other's might have the same questions.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom