split cases 10MM

Had several 10MM cases break off in the chamber. This is not a case split but a case separation about half way up the case. The case was FC but number of reloads is unknown. (probably part of 1,000- batch I bot on internet. My load was 13.5G of AA7 under Hornady 155 G XTP, WLP primers. Crimp was correct. Gun is a Kimber Stainless Target. This load is not maximum.....Just bad cases?.....best......

Type of pistol?

Circumferential separations are unusual, and can be caused by over-sized chamber, excessive headspace or unsupported case (e.g., Glocks).

10MM Split caases

Thanks Eddie C! That really helps.....and my gun is Kimber Staninless Target in 10MM that I recently purchased on Gun broker.....This is the first problem with any cases...... I reload 40MM, 45 Win Mag, 357, 38, and 45 ACP. I guess Ill set my FC cases asside and reload new Win cases....Some of the used 1,000 cases I bot in bulk were bulged.......will also carefully look at gun chamber but i dont thanks thats the problem...Thanks again for the great info..Best...

Back
Top Bottom