spent a pleasant morning at harvard today

greencobra

NES Member
it's been a while since i went to shoot. spent my time at the baby range and 50 yards. i have a couple nice revolvers i've never shot since i got them. from 1970. a smith model 10 & from 1975, a ruger speed six, both with 4" bbls. i use to be a very good pistol shooter when i was young, nra gallery bullseye, centerfire bullseye and ipsc. also ihmsa silhouette. at 70 my skills are depleted, i shake, can't see the sights well...but i still have the enthusiasm i had when i was younger. i just shoot at 7 yards now. lol. glad the desire didn't leave me. i can't run well but i can cover your backs if need be.

so had the place to myself except for a couple other old timers still with the spark and enjoying the morning. i also brought up a ruger 10/22 i worked over during the shutdown. green mountain 14" bbl, magpul tactical stock, and a bunch of kidd parts to make it more operator friendly. i have it topped with a nikon 3x9 prostaff rimfire scope. not the best glass but for the money they work for me. i have another nikon prostaff 4x12 on basically the same rifle but a 16" bbl. i put the ruger enhanced trigger groups in both, got them from midway for a steal a few years ago. work for me. the scopes, while not expensive, i got them for dirt cheap at dicks in danvas when they were clearing out the firearm stuff. the 3x9 was a demo, that was $50 and the 4x12 was the last one in the box, manager let me have it for 60. i was happy with that. i bought bsr rimfire scopes at first but thought they junk and returned them. then walked into this nikon deal. dicks? hell, i can live with it for the price.

i had put a bi-pod on this rifle. i was trying to emulate the knee capping ruger 10/22's mossad uses. just don't have the suppressor. and they use ruger bull barrels, obviously not green mountain barrels. but was pleased with the bi pod. i was shooting it well at 50. i could keep junk federal .22's in a quarter size pasty sticker. a few flyers. overall i was pleased with the little ruger. next range trip i'll take it farther out. too much excitement for one day.

Back
Top Bottom