Speer Gold Dot 9mm +p

admcd

NES Member
Has anyone seen a store in the Metro West selling either Gold Dot 9mm +p in 124 gr or 147gr? I've seen one box in the past two years. (Apologies if there's a thread on this somewhere. I tried NES search and didn't come up with anything recent).

Good luck. Most of the MA and NH shops are shit for carry ammo. The only exception ive found is collectible in Merrimack. You're better off just getting some underwood through an NH drop point. (He makes two awesome 124gr gdhp loads)

Lots of places have 20 round boxes but that's rape in a box. You'll usually pay over a dollar a shot.

124gr and up are much better bullet weights for 9mm. Very few 115 gr JHP loads work well from limited research. Of course things may have changed but I don't ever remember the GD 115 being a contender. The only 115 that seemed to be held in high regard was the Fed 9PBLE load but that stuff is approaching unicorn dust at this point.

-Mike

124gr and up are much better bullet weights for 9mm. Very few 115 gr JHP loads work well from limited research. Of course things may have changed but I don't ever remember the GD 115 being a contender. The only 115 that seemed to be held in high regard was the Fed 9PBLE load but that stuff is approaching unicorn dust at this point.

-Mike

Thanks, Mike. I grabbed some Federal 147gr JHP (white box, 50rd) instead. Don't think I've run anything that hot in my carry gun before.

Thanks, Mike. I grabbed some Federal 147gr JHP (white box, 50rd) instead. Don't think I've run anything that hot in my carry gun before.

FWIW even most of the 9mm +P+ ammo on the market isn't that hot. The Underwood +P+ 9mm 124gr GDHP I use in a couple of my guns is a little different though, that stuff is probably nipping on the heels of .357 Sig, it's got quite a bit of juice to it. It's so hot that it does something strange to piss off my G26 (the gun somehow ends up slightly out of battery after it reloads itself, not sure why, I think the recoil is so stout that it bends the frame and slows the slide down, or some kind of timing issue is going on there) so I run Hornady Critical Duty 135 +P in that gun instead.

-Mike

Went to MFS to get a couple AR mags and SURPRISE! They have a few boxes of 147gr GDHP. 20 round rape boxes, but it'll keep my carry guns topped up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom