Sons of Liberty; Really?

I gotta agree with you, The History Channel should be ashamed of itself. I was a history major and still read a lot of American history... it seems to me the only things that are accurate in the show are the names of the characters. Who knew Sam Adams was an action hero?? Who knew he put together an army at short notice (the reality is that the militia and minutemen had been in existence for many years). Pretty sad example of 'history'.

And I thought the 'World Wars' was bad.

Been watching Sons of Liberty. I hate to think of how the Great Unwashed amongst the American Viewing Population might believe this is the actual history of the American Revolution. Dr. Warren the lover of General Gage's wife; really? Major Pitcairn executing a minuteman on Lexington Green; really? A fleet of three-deckers descending on Bunker Hill; really? General Gage executing Dr. Warren at the end of Bunker Hill; really?

I am utterly at a loss for words to express my disgust of how entertainment trash like this is presented as actual history. More like a Soap Opera set in 1775. [puke2]

T

...and I just saw a trailer from the same producers about the Texas independence/Alamo coming to a TV near you in March. God Save the King.

I heard some sort of commercial/advertisement for the show:
"The British are coming!"
Lost me right there.

Really!? Seriously!? Prior to April 19 1775, EVERY FAWKING ONE was British...To be precise, everyone up to the skirmish at Meriam's Corner was British - that's where the Regulars met the men who broke the water - eight years later a country was born...

Back
Top Bottom