• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sonic cleaners

wjsmall97

NES Member
I am about to get back into reloading, and was wondering if anyone uses the Hornady sonic cleaners and how well it cleans the cases.I have a Lyman 1200 vibrating cleaner and was wondering which would clean the cases better.
Thanks Bill

I have the hornady hot tub sonic cleaner. I find it works well to clean the brass. It is not going to make the brass really shiny but I like it. I also use to clean my pistol frames using the hornady gun cleaning solution.

Lyman US cleaner is the same as the HF 2.5L US cleaner

HF even has the Lyman as a "compare to"

US cleaner is a good all around tool for cleaning small parts

I don't get why people are hung up on getting brass "cleaner". Cleaner isn't better. Clean enough, fast and cheap, is as good as you'll ever need it.

With that said, there is nothing faster and cheaper than a Hornady ultrasonic.

ETA: Not to start an argument, because there's no arguing with the "Wet-tumbling-makes-muh-brass-like-new!" people, but my bolt action rifle brass (the stuff that never hits the ground) shoots better when I don't clean it any more than wiping it off.

i like mac1911's idea about cleaning brass because it's along the lines of what I do to...

'throw it on the floor to knock all the dirt off it' then throw it in the vibrator until it's the black shit is off it. lube/resize...rinse and repeat for about 10 minutes and viola!!! shootable god damn brass that your chamber doesn't give two shits about how shiny it is...lol.

my favorite is still the guy that started a thread about case neck thickness and absolute concentricity of his brass...really dude...last time I checked the brass doesn't go very far (if at all) down range.

Back
Top Bottom