Someone should do a Ph.D. thesis on Gunbroker bidding behavior.

Other people can still do the buy it now, but the people who have started to bid cannot. That’s what I remember.

I know how shill bidding works. I just don’t think that was the case here.
You can still BIN. Started bidding on a Ruger MK77 years ago. Bid price got within $30 of the BIN price, so I just bought it outright.
Stop being skinflints, and buy from your LGS or the NES Classifieds

Keep your money local
LGS doesn't have what I want (OK, one does, but it's $150 more for the used model than brand new on GB). NES prices are like other gun classifieds. MSRP that the seller paid, plus lots of junk add-ons that they paid for and no one else wants. Or, they're in Mass....

Maybe if it was a one of a kind item, but it was a 629 deluxe 44 mag. There are a zillion of them for sale.

You STILL haven't bought a 44 ?!?!

LGS doesn't have what I want (OK, one does, but it's $150 more for the used model than brand new on GB). NES prices are like other gun classifieds. MSRP that the seller paid, plus lots of junk add-ons that they paid for and no one else wants. Or, they're in Mass....

Not all NES classfieds are. And if there are add-ons to a listing then that isn't really what you wanted right?

Sooooo, LGS does have it but you want him to eat the cost of inventory, store costs, overhead and maybe staff. OK

Not all NES classfieds are. And if there are add-ons to a listing then that isn't really what you wanted right?

Sooooo, LGS does have it but you want him to eat the cost of inventory, store costs, overhead and maybe staff. OK
What's the problem with that? If they can't stay in business on a zero margin, they don't know how to run a business.....

Dear God, here's the /s for those that need it.

My point is that he is slowly going out of business as it is. If he didn't have a range, he'd probably already be gone. His new inventory is low. His used inventory is even lower. If you consign something and it sells, there is a 10 day return period for the customer, followed by up to 45 days after that to get paid for it. How is selling something $150 over new retail good for business? The seller will get 30% of the value if they sell it to the shop outright; about 40% if consigned. His shop then sells a used firearm for more than new one at any other shop in the area (or tries). That's not trying to stay in business - it's just greed, and part of the reason 75% of his employees have moved onto other shops in the area and stock of anything is super low.

As for accessories added on, there is frequently a model that I would like - but I have zero use for lights, lasers, RMR's, holsters that don't work for me or Ceracoating.

Back
Top Bottom