Soldier's Angels

Joe G

NES Member
Has anybody heard of this organization? Its spokesperson is Patti Patton Bader, a niece of George Patton and mother of a soldier who's been to Iraq. They're mail says raising funds to send 'cooling scarves' to soldiers in Iraq and Afganistan.

I got an unsolicited beg letter a few months ago, probably because of some other vets charity that I contribute to. It asked for $15 to send a cooling scarf to one solder. It seemed to be a reasonable request for a good idea, so I sent it in. Now I've got another letter asking for 3 monthly shots (June, July, and Aug) at $19 or $25 each.

I did some poking around on the Internet and couldn't find much about this group. So I figured I'd ask the list, as some here have direct and/or indirect experience - is this a worthwhile charity for our guys overseas, or am I being suckered?

A truly fantastic organization! I found out about them and many of their projects on the milblog Blackfive. Some of their work includes providing laptops for wounded soldiers who have no other method or ability of communication. Check them out, I am sure you will be happy with what they do for our service members.

I just received a mailing from them today. If this turns out to be true, I will probably send them something.

I had heard about them through Black Five, but have not personally done anything with them. There are alot of great organizations out there that help our guys and gals.

I heard her on the radio a few months back...I can't remember who interviewed her tho...Michael Graham maybe? It's a good org and they do a lot to make sure the boys (and girls) are taken care of.

Back
Top Bottom