So, what did I screw up?

I picked up the SIG556 SCM model, took to field stripping the rifle this morning before it's first trip to the range. Seemed to go well as it is my first rifle. Anyway, reassembled it, did the function checks all seemed well. Went to the range, brought the sig, walther p99c, and ruger 10/22. Spent time with the walther and ruger before finally breaking out the sig. Here is where the problem arises.

It fires (and pretty accurately for my first time shooting I think) but it doesn't eject the spent casing and load a new round. I can pull the charge handle and eject the round and load a new, and again will fire but not cycle. Thoughts? I did put a coat of oil as instructed but perhaps I didn't put enough?

Thanks

I've never fired the Sig. Does it have gas rings like an M16? Does it have a gas system you can shut off for use with a suppressor?

Try switching the gas regulator to a different position - otherwise you probably did something horribly wrong when disassembling it.

What ammo are you using? If the ammo is a little underpowered that may be the issue. I had a similar problem with an AR and cheap ammo when it was new. Now its fine, but when new it needed good quality military spec ammo to run 100%

Back
Top Bottom