• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So close I can taste it...Range Report

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I sold my Ljungman last night to a very happy new owner (thanks MAEMT86). I ponied up a little extra and am now a 45% owner of a qve (Berlin-Lubecker) 1945 K43. My ultimate bucket list item for now - until I can convince my wife to let me get a class 3 license.

I got this for a very decent price. It's not matching, but close. All the metal matches, but it sits in a different (but BLM) stock with a durafol phenolic resin (early plastic) hand guard. The rifle is complete with original sling, sight hood, and cleaning rod. Mottled phosphate finish, but a great bore.

T[party]

Last edited:
The dealer I'm buying it from; the same one I got the 1917 S/W, Luger, Mauser HSc, and Walther PP from.

T

The seller of the shot out VZ24/G.24t is refunding $500 of my purchase price. Soon I will have 68% of the K43!

Last edited:
Stock is even closer than I thought; 4877d versus 5873d. So not only a BLM stock, but also a BLM -d stock as well and less than 1000 pieces off.

T

Last edited:
The other side. I'll be sending it out to be checked, cleaned, and have a 'shooter's kit' installed to reduce the recoil pressure. I'll also have a blank adapter fitted so I can do WW2 reenacting with it.

T

Last edited:
Makes me wanna sell a few things to get one and a byf luger and p38

I've been thinking of letting something else go to speed this up, but I really don't have something else. I have many Mausers, but each is a different manufacturer. I have two Brits, but one is a No. 1, and the other is a No. 4 Savage, etc. I'm short $600 at the moment.

I could cancel my M1 carbine order as I already have 2, but I wanted another shooter to go with Son and not have to take the safe Queen IBM...I guess the bottom of my collection is the 1916 M95 Hungarian Steyr long rifle, the T99 Toyo Kogyo, and the M91 Finned Westinghouse - all single example type pieces.

T

Last edited:
Is that a Durafol hand guard? Picture is kind of fuzzy. I would have liked something more towards yours (1944/blue/matched) than what I settled on, but that would have been $3K or more. I think I made a decent compromise. I've shot Daltrey99's years ago (4-5?), and knew I wanted one someday.

T

Its the original durafol handguard collectors cringe when i shoot it with it on some guys buy replacements to use when shooting. There a few Ks and G43s floating around alot of old collector's are dying off.

Mailed the last payment today. Hopefully gets here by the end of next week. I am now the provisional owner of a K43.

[smile]

T

Last edited:
A G/K43 starts around...

$1800 for a shooter's piece
$2500 for a nice one with 1+ problems
$3000 for a matched piece
$4000 and up for a matched piece with original scope

http://prepari.org/manowar/sa-rifles.htm

Poor Fair Good V. Good Exc. Unissued

G43 Walther Germany 7.92x57 GER 300-600 500-900 850-1300 1250-1900 1750-2700 2500-3500 Rare

G43 Walther Germany Sniper 7.92x57 GER 500-850 800-1300 1250-2000 1850-2600 2450-3500 3200-4500 Very Rare

I generally find the retail market two slots above this guide; i.e. a 'good' G/K 43 is closer to $2000. I saw a total junk mismatched, damaged stock, missing part piece, but with original scope offered for $3000 local and they wouldn't budge on the price. Most on GunBroker are between $2-3000. Amoskeag had three in the last auction; one nice, one with replacement parts, and one refinished. Prices with buyers fee were for #459 for $2588, #462 for $2847, #463 for $3162, and an original scope and mount, #460, for $1495.

Numrich has a decent reproduction ZF4 scope and mount combo for $400. I'll get one at some point and have my first 'sniper'.

T

Last edited:
And what about mags? I know the SVT-40 mags are difficult to find and are seen for $200 a pop.

Magazines are $250-300 for originals. Fortunately they are like the British S.M.L.E. and Swedish M/42B and are not designed to be removed. The magazine is refilled in situ with stripper clips.

None of the Amoskeag pieces actually say if they are matched or not. Mine was several hundred dollars less than the cheapest lot number.

T

Last edited:
After a little research, G43 ammo pouches are actually magazine pouches so spare magazine were carried (two twin pouches or four total). The G43 then could also be loaded via strippers. Reproduction magazines are nearly unavailable and cost nearly as much; $150. In addition they need a bit of tuning even to fit and work properly. The Danish seem to have made quality working magazines, and as such they go for nearly as much as an original.

T

So close I can taste it...

Ships tomorrow from PA!

T

I enjoy that feeling of hurry up and get here anticipation when something's on the road for delivery, I got a rifle that should be hitting my FFL tomorrow! Looking forward to some detailed pics when it gets in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's here; bun-spected and approved. The seller, however, removed the safety for shipping. I can't get it back on - best I can tell I need a pair of ring pliers and a third hand.

T

Attachments

• DSCN4507.jpg
    DSCN4507.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom