Snoop Dogg: Imus Comments, Rap Lyrics 'Separate Things'

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/11814452/detail.html

Use Of 'Ho' In Lyrics Is 'Different Scenario,' Rap Star Says

POSTED: 8:55 am EDT April 13, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

Rap star Snoop Dogg said in a expletive-filled interview with MTV News Tuesday that Don Imus' use of the the slang "ho" is a "completely different scenario" than the use of word in rap lyrics.

Imus was fired Thursday by CBS Radio after he called the members of the Rutgers women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos" on a recent broacast.

According to MTV, Snoop Dogg said that rappers "are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things.

Snoop Dogg's comments came a day before MSNBC pulled the plug on the TV simulcast of Imus' radio show.

"First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC going hard on black girls," Snoop Dogg told MTV. "We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha----as say we in the same league as him."

Snoop Dogg, 35, also told MTV that Imus should be kicked "off the air forever."

The rap star's response to the Imus controversy came a day before he pleaded no contest to felony weapons and drug charges in a Los Angeles court.

Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., agreed to five years' probation and 800 hours of community service as a result of the plea. He faced charges of gun possession by a felon and sale or transportation of marijuana.

gun possession by a felon and sale or transportation of marijuana.

Why the fug isn't this jail time? How many times have we seen this guy in cuffs on the news?! In CA, isn't that 3 strikes?

My grumbling 2 cents...

Last edited:
An we wait for Sharpton to demand snoop be let go from his record label......................and wait ................................and wait..........hmmm I think I will be here for a while......................

Obviously, Imus wasn't using the words in the context they were meant to be used in.

Now if he had just said somthing like ... "talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money". He'd be alright.

Because, as anyone should be knowin', that is how the word "ho" was meant to be used. Of course, the word n---a is a little more complicated. Maybe we can get Snoop to explain that to us. Could he count that as comunity service?

My SO had on f'ing Oprah the other day and the beginning of it,that got turned when I ranted hard enough,was about Imus.A half hour later,she's back on making comments about white men not being able to dance.

I haven't heard a single person question that.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/11814452/detail.html
whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jr., agreed to five years' probation and 800 hours of community service as a result of the plea. He faced charges of gun possession by a felon and sale or transportation of marijuana.

Too bad this guy wasn't a rapper - he might have been able to purchase a better deal.

---------------------------------------------------

http://www.smartbrief.com/servlet/d...neth042.P2.11042004165230.06450.xml&brief=IAB

PRNewswire - BOSTON Nov. 4

BOSTON, Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ -- A Worcester man was convicted today in federal court of being a felon in possession of a firearm and making a false statement in connection with the acquisition of a firearm and ammunition.

United States Attorney Michael J. Sullivan and William J. Hoover, Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in New England, announced that JUAN BARBOZA, age 24, formerly of 76 Franklin Street, Worcester, Massachusetts, pleaded guilty before U.S. District Judge Nathaniel M. Gorton to being a felon in possession of a firearm, and making a false statement in connection with the acquisition of a firearm and ammunition.

After accepting the guilty plea, Judge Gorton immediately proceeded to a sentencing hearing and sentenced BARBOZA to 5 years and 10 months' imprisonment, to be followed by 3 years of supervised release.

At today's hearing, the prosecutor told the Court that, had the case proceeded to trial, the Government's evidence would have proven that on September 17, 2002, BARBOZA, who had been previously convicted of multiple felonies, went to the Boston Gun Range, located in Worcester, for the purpose of honing his shooting skills, presumably for future use on the street. The Boston Gun Range is a commercial gun range and licensed dealer of firearms and ammunition. In order to obtain possession of a firearm and ammunition, BARBOZA falsely stated to employees of the gun range that he had never been convicted of a crime punishable by law for more than one year. As a result of his false statement, BARBOZA was able to purchase ammunition, obtain possession of a Glock 9 millimeter pistol and practice shooting the Glock at the range.

BARBOZA had previously been convicted for assault with a dangerous weapon, breaking and entering in the nighttime, possession with intent to distribute cocaine, larceny and numerous weapons violations. Federal law prohibits individuals previously convicted of a federal or state felony from possessing a firearm or ammunition.

The case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. It was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Paul Casey in Sullivan's Worcester Office.

U.S. Attorney

CONTACT: Samantha Martin of U.S. Attorney's Office, +1-617-748-3139

Too bad this guy wasn't a rapper - he might have been able to purchase a better deal.After accepting the guilty plea, Judge Gorton immediately proceeded to a sentencing hearing and sentenced BARBOZA to 5 years and 10 months' imprisonment, to be followed by 3 years of supervised release.

Wow! We're actully sending criminals away for commiting crimes here?

I guess I didn't get the memo about the policy change.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom