Skin flints asssssemble

Ok i have a romeo 0 optic.... theyre fine for backup optics and dresser gun optics

Anywho i got one and the dot wont move..i can take the screw all the way out and nothing dot is pushed far right

Contacted sig...they dont even want it back

Ill get a new one in the mail soon they told me just toss this one

Any ideas on how to fix it? Other than throw it on a gun sell it and play dumb

Ok i have a romeo 0 optic.... theyre fine for backup optics and dresser gun optics

Anywho i got one and the dot wont move..i can take the screw all the way out and nothing dot is pushed far right

Contacted sig...they dont even want it back

Ill get a new one in the mail soon they told me just toss this one

Any ideas on how to fix it? Other than throw it on a gun sell it and play dumb
"Throw on berm, shoot it, feel good about it after. "

Just when I think you cheap f***s can’t skinflint any more, you find a way to get even cheaper.
I really don't think this is that hard to fix lol

If it takes more than 15 min I'm out but i feel like i just need to hold the laser in place while i put the screw in

Dude. Throw it out and be happy Sig is replacing it. So cheap [rofl]
Lol but then i could have 2 and i know how to fix it next time

Also sig probably hates these things because they offered a trade towards their new optic line

Lady was like just send it back and 200 bucks and we will send you our new optic

So being the skin flint i am i said how bout 150 lol

Update....apparently it is that hard to fix

Can you open it and post pics?

I bet it is fairly simple, but you might have a hard time finding the parts, however, I bet a lot of it is plastic and several people here are great at 3D printing.

You just have to be careful with the mirrors, assuming it has some ... you just ruined my productivity, now I have to Google this. I hate you. :)

I bet it is fairly simple, but you might have a hard time finding the parts, however, I bet a lot of it is plastic and several people here are great at 3D printing.

You just have to be careful with the mirrors, assuming it has some ... you just ruined my productivity, now I have to Google this. I hate you. :)
I opened it and they glue the laser diode to a bar that attaches to the screw and the base...when you pull the back off the diode rips off the bar... I'm sure if i went extra skin flint it i could glue it back but lol i just tossed it

I opened it and they glue the laser diode to a bar that attaches to the screw and the base...when you pull the back off the diode rips off the bar... I'm sure if i went extra skin flint it i could glue it back but lol i just tossed it
Didn't you say the issue was moving the dot?

When you move the dot for windage and elevation, does the diode move or a mirror moves?

Didn't you say the issue was moving the dot?

When you move the dot for windage and elevation, does the diode move or a mirror moves?
The diode is supposed to move i thought.

So basically i over tightened it and crushed the plate the screw was on then i backed out the screw all the way

So basically i over tightened it and crushed the plate the screw was on then i backed out the screw all the way

That would make sense. But engineers, you never know what you will get.

That sucks.

I bought a few of them on a cheap skinflint package deal, new old stock, never mounted. Two of them the dot wouldn't move on the horizontal axis.
I found that cranking the vertical adjustment all the way to both extremes and back to center, freed up the horizontal on both of them and they've been fine since.

They're small enough I'd be surprised if the small parts can be printed in plastic. They're probably on the scale of one or two layers thick, if they're not stamped sheet metal.

A mirror actually sounds more complex than moving the diode, if they placed it right. (If only because it's another part.)

Back
Top Bottom