Skeet Shooting Trip

Anyone know of a good skeet shooting facility? I'm looking to take my husband on a fun weekend away, and one day of the weekend I'd like to spend skeet shooting. Couldn't think of anything more romantic than that! [wink] Neither of us have ever tried it, but we both enjoy shooting regular targets. He has his LTC (former LEO), but I do not yet. We would need a place that rents out shotguns. It doesn't have to be in New England, but within a day's drive would be ideal. Then I plan on finding a tourist-y thing to do the other day we're there. Public ranges seemed to be the only option around, but I couldn't find any that rented the guns. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
If the Lehigh Valley of PA is not too far, try:

http://lvsclays.com/

(might want to give them a call anyway)

A non-shooter friend of mine just went there and had a blast. He stated that he did not shoot them just for sport though. His family enjoyed a delicious clay stew and his wife is making him a nice clay skin coat.

/wingnut
p.s. PA has rather normal gun laws, and no FID is required for rifle or pistol ownership. (it is a "right-to-carry state" as well)

Not sure how far you want to go ( or where you're starting from ) but many of the clubs in the Metrowest area have weekend Skeet and Trap.

At my club, Southborough Rod & Gun

www.srgclub.com

we have club guns available ( no fee ) and it's likely that many clubs' members will loan theirs to the needy.

Since you're not regular "moving target" shooters, try Trap, too!

As an aside, my two sons and I have been visiting local clubs (on information-gathering trips[smile]) , and have found a difference in equipment and facilities, but a common denominator has been friendly, welcoming people!

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom